Beta-stage testing for Yunohost 11.0/Bullseye and Buster->Bullseye migration

Thank @ljf

admin@xxxx:~$ sudo yunohost dyndns update --force
[sudo] Mot de passe de admin :
admin n’apparaît pas dans le fichier sudoers. Cet incident sera signalé.
admin@xxxx:~$

Can you check that sudo-ldap is installed with: dpkg --list | grep sudo-ldap (it should list the module sudo-ldap)

Can you also share the output of /usr/sbin/slapcat | grep sudo

Note that you can become root without sudo, by typing just su, then entering root’s password which should be the same as admin

admin@xxxx:~$ su
Mot de passe :
su: Échec de l’authentification
admin@xxxx:~$ dpkg --list | grep sudo-ldap
ii sudo-ldap 1.9.5p2-3 arm64 Provide limited super user privileges to specific users
admin@xxxx:~$ cat /usr/sbin/slapcat | grep sudo
admin@xxxx:~$ /usr/sbin/slapcat | grep sudo
61f2b352 ldif_read_file: Permission denied for “/etc/ldap/slapd.d/cn=config.ldif”
slapcat: bad configuration file!
admin@xxxx:~$

Yes, the first command su resulted in an authentication failure … You gotta make sure to use the right password

but I’m sure about my password, some things are broken during the backup restore I think because before no worries with my SSH connection in “root” with the same password.

Edit: I changed my “admin” password via the webadmin and I was able to log in again as “root” via the “su” command
Thanks again…

I tried the beta and here are my observations:

• vmail user homedir does not exist anymore (used to be /home/vmail but now /var/vmail), preventing fetchmail to start. A possible workaround is to create /var/vmail with vmail:mail ownership
  • php7.3-fpm.service failed to restart, but restarting it manually after the upgrade works fine
  • postfix regen-conf failing with the error Warning: postmap: fatal: open database /etc/postfix/sasl_passwd.db: Permission denied. It looks like the issue stems from /etc/postfix not being writeable by the postfix user, preventing postmap to create the /etc/postfix/sasl_passwd.db. A workaround is to generate is manually at least once:
chown postfix:root /etc/postfix
postmap /etc/postfix/sasl_passwd
chown root:root /etc/postfix

I also saw the OOM-killer being triggered reliably during the upgrade on a 512MB VM, I had to increase memory to 1GB to avoid that - so you might want to stop as much services as you can prior to upgrade if you have a small system.

Hope this helps, and thanks for the hard work!

I have same trouble with webadmin but I can install app with CLI command on SSH connection.
“sudo yunohost app install XYZ --debug” to see what’s going on.

I just migrated my x64 laptop and I just had to start php7.4 manually. Also

• php7.3 → Inactive
  • supervisor → unknown

All apps seem to be working:

• diagramsnet
  • element
  • grav
  • moodle
  • netdata
  • nextcloud
  • synapse
  • mautrix_facebook
  • mautrix_whatsapp
  • mautrix_signal
  • vpn client
  • yeswiki
  • borg server
  • borg backup
2 Likes

Hi all,
I reinstalled yunohost (11.0.4) and instead of doing the post-install, I did a backup restore where only the post-install had been done.
As before I find myself with a problem of access to privileged rights when I connect in SSH under admin, the “sudo” command is not authorized for “admin”.
So as I had already had the shot I will change my password via the webadmin which works correctly.
From there I can have SSH connection in “root” via the command “su”
To recover the privileged rights for admin I used the command “sudo visudo” and I added the line where we see the green cursor on the photo…

And so I was able to use the “sudo” command again with the “admin” user
as you can see on this photo where the first test puts refused while after it works…

This may not be the correct method but in any case it works for me.
Hoping this can help.

Warning while roundcube install but installation completed successfully

2022-01-30 10:00:35,669: WARNING - /usr/share/yunohost/helpers.d/php: ligne 408: / 2 / 20 : erreur de syntaxe : opérande attendu (le symbole erroné est « / 2 / 20 »)
log of installation => https://paste.yunohost.org/raw/humuhehomu

Suddenly connection on Roundcube impossible I come across an nginx error page

/var/log/nginx/XYZ.ynh.fr-error.log

2022/01/30 11:34:41 [crit] 2462#2462: *91 connect() to unix:/var/run/php/php7.4-fpm-roundcube.sock failed (2: No such file or directory) while connecting to upstream, client: 77.205.69.103, server: XYZ.ynh.fr, request: "GET /webmail/ HTTP/2.0", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php/php7.4-fpm-roundcube.sock:", host: "XYZ.ynh.fr", referrer: "https://XYZ.ynh.fr/yunohost/sso/"

this problem is not related to roundcube, it doesn’t matter which application I install there is the same problem access impossible same error nginx (php7.4-fpm-“app”.sock missing)
edit: log of yunohost install => https://paste.yunohost.org/raw/azusaseleh

Update worked nearly perfectly :smile:
Some apt list problems with a repo I added manually, after update it was https://repo.delellis.com.ar bullseye buster instead of https://repo.delellis.com.ar bullseye bullseye
Then, for the applications, no surprise, photoview and wallabag does not work, everything else seems OK.
Here is a list of what I tested :

• NextCloud
  • Synapse
  • Element
  • Calibre-web
  • Transmission
  • FreshRSS
  • Converse
  • SearX
  • VaultWarden
  • Kresus
  • Wieguard
  • Æneria
1 Like

And a few hours later, borg backup, failed !

Here is the error log : https://paste.yunohost.org/raw/welukidayu

Here is the mail I justreceived :

The backup miserably failed to backup system configurations.
The backup miserably failed to backup system data.
The backup miserably failed to backup nextcloud application.

Cr��ation d'une archive de sauvegarde �� partir des fichiers collect��s ...
L'archive contiendra environ 4.8MiB de donn��es.
L'op��ration 'Cr��er une archive de sauvegarde' a ��chou�� ! Pour obtenir de l'aide, merci de partager le journal de l'op��ration en utilisant la commande 'yunohost log share 20220130-230005-backup_create'
L'archive contiendra environ 24.1GiB de donn��es.
L'op��ration 'Cr��er une archive de sauvegarde' a ��chou�� ! Pour obtenir de l'aide, merci de partager le journal de l'op��ration en utilisant la commande 'yunohost log share 20220130-230021-backup_create'
Collecte des fichiers devant ��tre sauvegard��s pour nextcloud...
Loading installation settings...
Declaring files to be backed up...
Backing up the MySQL database...
Backing up data directory...
Backup script completed for nextcloud. (YunoHost will then actually copy those files to the archive).
L'archive contiendra environ 418.3GiB de donn��es.
L'op��ration 'Cr��er une archive de sauvegarde' a ��chou�� ! Pour obtenir de l'aide, merci de partager le journal de l'op��ration en utilisant la commande 'yunohost log share 20220130-230054-backup_create'
Failed to format translated string 'backup_applying_method_custom': 'Appel de la m��thode de sauvegarde personnalis��e '{method}' ...' with arguments '()' and '{}, raising error: KeyError('method') (don't panic this is just a warning)
Failed to format translatable string 'backup_applying_method_custom': 'Calling the custom backup method '{method}'...' with arguments '()' and '{}', raising  error: KeyError('method') (don't panic this is just a warning)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/borg-env/bin/borg", line 6, in <module>
    from borg.archiver import main
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'borg'
��chec de l'ex��cution du script : /etc/yunohost/hooks.d/backup_method/05-borg__2_app
��chec de la m��thode de sauvegarde personnalis��e �� l'��tape 'backup'
Failed to format translated string 'backup_applying_method_custom': 'Appel de la m��thode de sauvegarde personnalis��e '{method}' ...' with arguments '()' and '{}, raising error: KeyError('method') (don't panic this is just a warning)
Failed to format translatable string 'backup_applying_method_custom': 'Calling the custom backup method '{method}'...' with arguments '()' and '{}', raising  error: KeyError('method') (don't panic this is just a warning)
��chec de l'ex��cution du script : /etc/yunohost/hooks.d/backup_method/05-borg__2_app

Just in case this wasn’t told already : when installing yunohost 11.0.4 on a fresh debian bullseye, Yunohost will propose the migration from buster to bullseye, and it will fail with the error “distrib is not buster”

2 Likes

Cheers, should be fixed in next minor release

Have you been able to get some progress with this ? The other day I helped somebody with a similar issue during migration, involving the same libc-dev package, it was a bit painful but we got through … difficult to automatize tho

2 Likes

migration done - all seems good and up and running- Thanks for the nice work

I didn’t check again for the rp4 migration, i tried to install some apt libs related to the issue, but without solving the problem. i will try again later, so if you have some advices to point me in the good direction, it would be appreciated!

Thanks!

On a lime2with a zram of 50MB, i got this error in loop:

--- Logging error ---
  File "/usr/lib/python3.7/logging/__init__.py", line 1038, in emit
    self.flush()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.7/logging/__init__.py", line 1018, in flush
    self.stream.flush()
OSError: [Errno 28] No space left on device
Call stack:
  File "/usr/bin/yunohost", line 72, in <module>
    parser=parser
  File "/usr/lib/moulinette/yunohost/__init__.py", line 25, in cli
    ret = moulinette.cli(args, output_as=output_as, timeout=timeout, top_parser=parser)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/moulinette/__init__.py", line 131, in cli
    args, output_as=output_as, timeout=timeout
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/moulinette/interfaces/cli.py", line 496, in run
    ret = self.actionsmap.process(args, timeout=timeout)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/moulinette/actionsmap.py", line 599, in process
    return func(**arguments)
  File "/usr/lib/moulinette/yunohost/tools.py", line 942, in tools_migrations_run
    migration.run()
  File "/usr/lib/moulinette/yunohost/data_migrations/0021_migrate_to_bullseye.py", line 151, in run
    tools_upgrade(target="system", allow_yunohost_upgrade=False)
  File "/usr/lib/moulinette/yunohost/log.py", line 419, in func_wrapper
    result = func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/moulinette/yunohost/tools.py", line 583, in tools_upgrade
    returncode = call_async_output(dist_upgrade, callbacks, shell=True)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/moulinette/utils/process.py", line 90, in call_async_output
    callback(message)
  File "/usr/lib/moulinette/yunohost/tools.py", line 580, in <lambda>
    if _apt_log_line_is_relevant(l)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.7/logging/__init__.py", line 1395, in warning
    self._log(WARNING, msg, args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/moulinette/utils/log.py", line 132, in _log
    return super()._log(*args, **kwargs)

I removed some logs and the situation was fixed instantly.

Here i sum up my difficulties to migrate in order to help future person who wants to migrate their internetcube. NB: on my side my lime2 use an encrypted disk.

Upgrade the linux-image-current-sunxi

I DELETE THE CONTENT IN THIS PART CAUSE IT DOESNT WORK ON REBOOT
See Beta-stage testing for Yunohost 11.0/Bullseye and Buster->Bullseye migration - #40 by ljf

Migrations

I had some No space left alert during migrations process that i fixed by cleaning some logs.

It was due to the small /dev/zram0 of 50MB (see above)

Python apps

I have several borg apps on this server.

YunoHost 11 is in python3.9, so the python venv in python3.7 doesn’t work anymore. It might be enough to fix the env simply by creating a symlink in the python env

ln -s /opt/borg-env/lib/python3.9 /opt/borg-env/lib/python3.7

However, i am not totally sure it could work, and i recommend you to simply force an upgrade of the apps (if it’s borg or borgserver):

yunohost app upgrade -F borg

My other apps : nextcloud, rainloop, cachet and vpnclient worked out of the box :slight_smile:

Test of config panel

I test my borg config panel and it seems some info are missing

It seems to be a webadmin issue cause the cli return the good value for the config property “repository”. May be it’s alredy fixed in a PR.

Thanks to all people that make YunoHost 11 :heartbeat:.

1 Like

You can disable zram for log with modification into file /etc/default/armbian-ramlog

# enable the armbian-ram-logging service?
ENABLED=false
#
# size of the tmpfs mount -- please keep in mind to adjust /etc/default/armbian-zram-config too when increasing
SIZE=50M
#
# use rsync instead of cp -r
# requires rsync installed, may provide better performance
# due to copying only new and changed files
USE_RSYNC=true

# If USE_RSYNC is true, additional options may be specified for the rsync
# commands used to synchronize logs to disk from RAM (XTRA_RSYNC_TO) or from
# disk to RAM (XTRA_RSYNC_FROM).  These are bash arrays to make specifying
# multiple arguments easy even in the presence of whitespace.
XTRA_RSYNC_TO=(
  ## If you use log rotation programs that datestamp their logs (e.g., runit's
  ## svlogd or daemontools' multilog), deleting log files while synchronizing is
  ## likely a good idea.
  # --delete
)
XTRA_RSYNC_FROM=()

you can disable zram like me or expand size…

1 Like

So a small update to explain the madness.

First of all, forget the instruction in section “Upgrade the linux-image-current-sunxi” of my previous post.

For the moment, i have fixed the problem like that in order to have yunohost 11 beta (with an encrypted device) on a lime2.

The first issue is you need to upgrade the kernel to be able to go onto bullseye thanks to the yunohost migration.

apt update
apt full-upgrade
rm /etc/kernel/postrm.d/zz-flash-kernel
rm /etc/kernel/postinst.d/zz-flash-kernel
apt remove flash-kernel
apt-mark unhold armbian-firmware armbian-bsp-cli-lime2 linux-dtb-current-sunxi linux-image-current-sunxi linux-u-boot-lime2-current
apt install armbian-firmware armbian-bsp-cli-lime2 linux-dtb-current-sunxi linux-image-current-sunxi linux-u-boot-lime2-current

But, the problem is new kernel 5.10.60-sunxi seems to not support the ethernet (dhclient not working).

So i personnally, take the /boot and /lib/modules/5.8.16-sunxi from a previous image and put it manually in my sdcard.

And next i am able to run properly.

I finally did this command to avoid update-initramfs to break everything

apt-mark unhold armbian-firmware armbian-bsp-cli-lime2 linux-dtb-current-sunxi linux-image-current-sunxi linux-u-boot-lime2-current

There are probably better way to do.