Backup function not working

Hardware: Old computer

YunoHost version:** 3.8.5.9 (stable)

I have access to my server :through the webadmin

Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ?** : no

I am unable to create backups using the Yunohost internal backup functionality. When I attempt to even open it, there is nothing but an infinite load loop.

I am considering doing the migration to version 4.0 and Buster but would like to have a backup before doing so. Is there a way to force this through the terminal?

it eventually times out

Hi @lps

What happens when you reload that page ? The red banner error can happen when your server has a high load and cannot respond in time. Maybe the hardware is having trouble during the backup (slow disks ?) and you “just” have to wait for the server to return to a normal state before looking at the produced backups ?

Unfortunately it’s not been functioning for quite a while. It’s not working even when there’s no load on it:(

It originally started when I removed some backup files manually from the /Yunohost/backups folder on my server and moved them onto an external drive…due to lack of drive space.

I’ve since upgraded my drive and put the files back, hoping it would solve the problem, but I’m still having this issue. I feel like I’m asking for trouble the longer I wait.

Que donne la commande ci-dessous ?

ls -l /home/yunohost.backup/archives

et aussi tu peux tenter:

yunohost backup list --debug

Merci, je vais essayer:)

1 - https://paste.yunohost.org/odexayibuf.diff

2 - https://paste.yunohost.org/lasucocida.rb

Since I have not been able to fix this issue I think I will likely just upgrade using the Migration Tool.

However, for obvious reasons I’d like to backup or clone the entire drive first.

If I use Rsync is this better than a clone? Will it allow incremental backups in the future?

I’m a bit shy when using the terminal so I’ve downloaded the GUI frontend Grsync. Does anyone have experience with it?

For full disk backup I think this might be a bit out of the scope of yunohost support. But, in case someone here is doing something similar it might be better to start a new thread ?

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.