Backup - Delete files?

I have made a backup before trying to migrate to Stretch. With that I might have broken my system. However, I have a full backup of everything I could mark for the backup. I wanted to install it, but there does not seem to be enough space anymore. My question is now twofold:

1. What can I delete, so that I can then bring in the backup for a fully functioning system?

or

1. Is it more sensible to make a fresh install of yunohost on the SD-card and then bring in the backup? Will it be a problem that it was made with a previous version of yunohost?

I hope you someone can help me with those questions.

I have made a backup before trying to migrate to Stretch. With that I might have broken my system

How you know that ? What’s the problem ? Where are your server ? Is it a arm board/server ?

I wanted to install it, but there does not seem to be enough space anymore

Without the problem we can’t know if you should restore your backup on a YunoHost 2.7 (jessie) or on YunoHost 3.4 (stretch).

I wanted to install it, but there does not seem to be enough space anymore.

To be able to restore your backup easily, you need enough free space: the size of the archive and the size of the uncompress archive.

You can try to selectively restore system conf and next app by app, like that you can restore partially your server. Next it’s possible to remove already restored apps from the tar.gz archives and finalize the restore process…

You probably can make free space by removing some cache file :

sudo apt-get autoclean

How many space you have on your system ?

df -h

Which size is your backup archive ?

sudo ls -l /home/yunohost.backup/archives

First of all, thank you for your support and sorry for not being specific enough.

How you know that ? What’s the problem ? Where are your server ? Is it a arm board/server ?

I cannot reach the server over the internet and furthermore the admin interface is broken. I can, however, reach the Raspberry Pi (Model 3) over ssh and try and fix some problems there.

I did sudo apt-get autoclean. After that

df -h

resulted in

Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/root        15G   14G  639M  96% /
devtmpfs        460M     0  460M   0% /dev
tmpfs           464M   80K  464M   1% /dev/shm
tmpfs           464M   24M  440M   6% /run
tmpfs           5.0M  4.0K  5.0M   1% /run/lock
tmpfs           464M     0  464M   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
/dev/mmcblk0p1   63M   23M   41M  36% /boot
/dev/sda1       1.8T   51G  1.7T   3% /media/usbhdd