Automatic Diagnosis - Can't fix DNS records

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Dedicated server in data center - Intel i7 / 32gb Ram / 4 * 6TB HDD
YunoHost version: 3.8.4.9
I have access to my server : Through SSH
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : Yes
If yes, please explain: Debian is installed on top of native ZFS root filesystem using this script.

Description of my issue

The automatic diagnosis helped me fix a lot of things like DNS issues - however there are some records I can’t fix and I’m a little confused about.

1st Problem example the Automatic Diagnosis keeps telling me the XMPP values are incorrect… but I cannot see how they are?:

However everything looks okay in Namecheap DNS settings?

yunohost dns-conf reports:

Second Problem:

0 issue "letsencrypt.org" should be 128 issue "letsencrypt.org" in my DNS… but it’s impossible to change this number. I do not have this option in Namecheap.

Thank you for the help :slight_smile:

Sidenote: I have been using Yunohost for around 2 years and it’s been a part of my daily life. I want to say thanks to the team, I really appreciate your software.

1 Like

Regarding the XMPP records : it looks like you configured both SRV records in _xmpp-client._tcp … but one is _xmpp-client._tcp and the other one is _xmpp-server._tcp. (Though it’s not clear from your screenshot from Namecheap because the xmpp record name is truncated)

Regarding the CAA record : it’s not really important and we’re aware not all registrar allow to set 128 … but as said it’s not really important and you can just ignore it.

Thank you, you were right it had _xmpp-client._tcp for both. I’m totally blind :expressionless:

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.