Apps not in the catalog?

Hello Im excited to try out YunoHost but what is the strategy for using apps not in the catalog?

Hello, welcome.

Two reasons come to my mind (rather than strategies):

1. The catalog only contains open-source software (and generally FOSS, sometimes FOSS with restrictions). If someone wants to package a proprietary app, users will need to input the package git URL in the field below the catalog in their webadmin.

2. Development and tests : YunoHost’s catalog installs app from one git branch only (generally master). If you want to test out another branch, you will need to paste the URL in said field.

Enjoy YunoHost!

1 Like

if you are familiar with docker you can also run apps like that

• setup a domain in yunohost
  • setup docker app
  • install the redirect app and point it at your docker app/port

i run Immich like this.

Hello,

i have test immich in docker it works with import bug on android phone.
Have you more details for me ?
Sorry my english is very bad!

Thanks

maybe make a new post with more details, and somebody or i can help you.

i’m not sure what you mean. it sounds like the android app doesn’t work? so if the web works, then it is an android problem.

you can try searching the github repo for errors similar to yours.

Hi Tom,

Did you ever make the step to install Yunohost?

Yunohost runs on Debian (version 11, Bullseye, for the time being). Anything that runs on Debian, runs on Yunohost.

If you have something that you’d like to run that is not in the catalog, you got a couple of options:

• Request the thing to be added to the catalog; it may or may not be added (depending on complexity and volunteer interest);
  • Follow a tutorial online to install the thing on Debian; it will of course not integrate in the Yunohost portal;
  • Package it for Yunohost yourself, which would be great of course :wink:

Did you have specific functionality in mind when posting your question?

1 Like