[App request] yunohost as VPN server

Hello,
As the yunohost openVPN server app seems not to be maintained anymore, I think it would be very useful to try to package a real VPN server app.
There are modern and secure solutions like pivpn (for raspberry pi only), or wireguard or even openVPN access server (but not available on ARM) which seems to do the job.
Unfortunately, I haven’t any skills in apps packaging, but maybe someone who reads this message have the time and skills and want to try to package such an app?

9 Likes

I am also very much interested in this !
Does anyone know a way to setup a VPN serveur on an ARM Board with Yunohost instance and use it to funnel traffic by connecting to it with a VPN client?

Thanks in advance !

Yes also please include the swiss server in it, I have been using PureVPN Swiss VPN server but now want to try it from your app .

That would be awesome with Pi-hole in combination.

Hello, and welcome! Yesterday I presented WireGuard for YNH. It has yet to work on ARM (e.g. Raspberry Pi), though. Regarding Pi-Hole integration, I naively think you only have to bind PiHole to the wg0 interface after installing the app.

4 Likes

You are awesome!!! :smiley: :hugs:

For caching proxy server you can have Squid3. It has ldap support.

Isn’t Wireguard still not recommended for real use? (Though it’s compelling and much better than nothing.)

I was asked about simple VPN-server for people. But all I could advice is to get an already mentioned PiVPN. Ynh app would be really useful to have for such a usecase. (To secure access of Ynh instance users to any resources they would want to bring to the scope.)

1 Like

WireGuard works great, but do read on its documentation to property setup its routes and PostUp and PostDown scripts.

Edit: you sneaky spammer.