Anyone using BorgWarehouse?

My YunoHost server

Hardware: computer at home
YunoHost version:
- yunohost version: 11.2.9.1 (stable)
- yunohost-admin version: 11.2.4 (stable)
- moulinette version: 11.2 (stable)
- ssowat version: 11.2 (stable)
I have access to my server : Through SSH , through the webadmin , direct access via keyboard / screen
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : with regards to Borg: remote Yunohosts back up over SSHFS to a directory/repo on this Yunohost
If yes, please explain: The remote Borgs back up to a repo in a ‘local’ /backup/ directory, which is actually a directory on the local Yunohost.
If your request is related to an app, specify its name and version: borgwarehouse 2.0.0~ynh1

Description of my issue

I installed BorgWarehouse a while back to see how it integrated with the other two Borg packages and found it did not really form an add-on (as it says on its own website), more of a replacement for Borg Server.

Having some integrated overwiew of all repositories still sounded nice, so I thought of moving the existing repositiories into Borgwarehouse. Not knowing the layout expected by Borgwarehouse, I tought to first create a repo in Borgwarehouse, and then match, move or symlink my existing repo’s.

Adding a repo is not working though,

User borgwarehouse does exist, but there is no associated home directory

root@online:/home# cat /etc/shadow|grep borg
borgwarehouse:!:19778::::::
root@online:/home# ls |grep borg
root@online:/home# 

The value for authorized keys seems to be the default value in the docker image, according to /var/www/borgwarehouse/app/docker-compose.yml it can be overridden when building the image manually; it is also mentioned in docker-bw-init.sh in the same directory.

Borgwarehouse on it’s website mentions about importing: “Don’t bother, it’s just backups anyway”. But I do want to keep my working configs without checking the other Yunohosts, changing their configuration and mountpoints to match what the “webgui for Borg” thinks is a convenient location. (/rant :stuck_out_tongue: )

Anyway, did any of you succeed in running a repo in Borgwarehouse? Did you have to do any configuration after installing?

1 Like

I am also trying, but no success so far.

I think once this change is fixed and implemented, it should work:

The ynh app for it is currently without a maintainer. Me, a noobie, and another brave noobie have volunteered to (co-)maintain it, but so far are still in the learning phase. Help would be very appreciated.

Wanna join? :grin:

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.