Ajax.googleapis.com and fonts.googleapis.com blocking

How do you keep Google from tracking you even if you block analytics, adsense, maps, etc, etc, etc?

I have a solution: 1 - Point ajax.googleapis.com and fonts.googleapis.com to 127.0.0.1 via the hosts file

2 - Start a local instance of Apache server and create two namevirtualhost’s named ajax.googleapis.com and fonts.googleapis.com

3 - Copy the libraries to the correct directories.

Copy jQuery to /ajax/libs/jquery/1.10.1/jquery.min.js
Copy angular to /ajax/libs/angularjs/1.0.7/angular.min.js

And so on… get all the correct paths here: Hosted Libraries  |  Google Developers

now, while this works stationary, I would like all mobile devices to benefit from that too. Hence, I was thinking to utilize NextDNS on mobiles and point ajax and fonts to our yunahost. Any thoughts on doing so, or am I reinventing the wheel?

PS: kudos to How to block Google API and Fonts from tracking you | BlackHatWorld

This means work to do and you will need to maintain many libs.
BUT other peoples have already done this :slightly_smiling_face:

This is a browser add-on that will serve the most used javascript libraries directly.

And for more cleanlyness, you can use tools like µMatrix, where the default config is to block EVERYTHING not coming from the domain you are visitting (and decentraleyes provides white rules to unblock the scripts that will be from your own computer).

And looking for a link about uMatrix, I’ve found that the project is stopped.
The addon still works but this is sad :pensive:

1 Like

indeed, we do that on desktops. but how about mobiles?

Same thing.
And if you use Google Chrome, switch to Firefox :wink:
(Few addons are available in Firefox mobile now, but decentraleyes is, and ublock origin too. On Chrome, even on desktop, tracking blockers are greatly limited due to… well… Google needing tracking for it’s money)