Admin page is locally accessible, normal page not (over DNS)

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Raspberry Pi 4 (4gb) at home
YunoHost version: YunoHost 11.2.8.2 (stable)
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : yes
If yes, please explain: moved /etc/resolve.conf to /etc/resolvconf/run/resolve.conf and set a symbolic link to /etc/resolve.conf

Description of my issue

I am not able to connect my server under its nohost.me domain. With ssh connection I updated my DNS entry (sudo yunohost dyndns update --force).

With diagnosis I got two warnings on internetconnctivity:
*DNS resolve seems to work, but be carefull when using own /etc/resolve.conf
*The server doesn’t have a valid IPv6-address

Besides the mail functions (dovecot, port 993 not accessible-> ISP -problem…) everything is okay (green).

The browser says: “…nohost.me rejected the connection”

(error messanges were in German, translation to English by me)

Mokay, maybe your local network doesnt handle hairpinning properly … are you able to access the domain using an external connection, such as mobile 3G/4G or any other method ?

No. Server not available. But from my homenetwork I can successfully ping my nohost.me server. Therefore dns and name resolution should work…?

Mokay … and your title seems to suggest that the webadmin is accessible … are you accessing it using the local IP ? What if you try to access it using your.nohost.me/yunohost/admin ? Could it be that you just did not configure a Lets Enycrypt certificate on the domain …?

Does not work. As I wrote above, local IP works with the admin page. So the nginx should work? The Lets Encrypt certificate should be configured within the installing procedure of yunohost…?! I think…

That’s something you gotta do manually … What do you see regarding the certificate in the webadmin in Domains > yourdomain.nohost.me ?

The certificate is valid for 24 days…but
I can’t renew it. When I try to get a new one, yunohost says, there is another script running. Then there seems to be a writing error while refreshing. Sorry, but the whole error message is disappeared, the log function within the admin page is empty…I’ll try to get the error message again.

On my second try the renew works…hm…

More information: When my ISP got me a new IP then everything works for a short time. I don’t know how long this is, but soon after getting a new IP everything shuts down (mean: no access from outside my homenet).

I gave up. Now I will setting up a new yunohost.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.