Admin email alias not working on secondary domain

:uk:/:us:

My YunoHost server

Hardware: VPS bought online
YunoHost version: 11.1.20
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

I have a secondary domain (domain2.tld) on my server and I wanted to create the email account webmaster@domain2.tld but got a error message as it is reserved for admin group. after asking via the chat support I was told that admin@ admins@ webmaster@ cannot be configured as proper account and all redirect to the main admin’s email (so myadminusername@domain.tld). it’s a bummer cause it’s a email adresse I’ve been using for year and I’m tranferring it to this new server, so if there no solution to override it, I’ll do with the redirection and filters for the time being, BUT the redirection doesn’t work ! it only works with the main domains email adresses, not the secondary ones, so admin@domain.tld special alias works but admin@domain2.tld doesn’t. the emails are returned with the error message 550: 5.1.1 <admin@domain2.tld> Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table (I tested with both admin and webmaster)

How can I fix this so I access (and preferably also send emails from) webmaster@domain2.tld :

• either have the possibility ton configure a webmaster@domain2.tld account (with pwd and imap/pop3 access) ?
  • or “fix” the redirection to the admin account’s email ?

Thank you

:fr:

Mon serveur YunoHost

Matériel: VPS acheté en ligne
Version de YunoHost: 11.1.20
J’ai accès à mon serveur : En SSH | Par la webadmin
Êtes-vous dans un contexte particulier ou avez-vous effectué des modifications particulières sur votre instance ? : non

Description du problème

J’ai un domain secondaire (domain2.tld) sur mon serveur et je souhaitais créer l’adresse email webmaster@domain2.tld mais j’ai reçu un message d’erreur m’indiquant que cette adresse était réservée au groupe d’Admins. Après avoir demandé sur le support chat, on m’a dit que les mails envoyé à admin@ admins@ webmaster@ etc. ne pouvait pas être configuré comme compte propre et étaient tous redirigés vers l’adresse email du compte admin (soit monusernamadmin@domain.tld). C’est dommage car c’est une adresse que j’utilise depuis des années et que je dois transférer sur mon nouveau serveur, du coup s’il n’y a pas de solution pour forcer la création du compte, je me suis dit que je ferai avec la redirection et j’utiliserai des filtres faute de mieux, CEPENDANT la redirection ne fonctionne pas ! Elle ne fonctionne que pour les adresses du domaine principal : ainsi admin@domain.tld redirige bien vers le compte admin mais admin@domain2.tld non et renvoie le message suivant à l’expéditeur : 550: 5.1.1 <admin@domain2.tld> Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table (j’ai testé avec les deux, admin & webmaster)

du coup, comment résoudre ce problème afin d’accéder aux mails de webmaster@domain2.tld :

• soit en ayant la possibilitĂ© de configurer un compte webmaster@domain2.tld (avec mdp accès imap/pop3) ?
  • ou en “corrigeant”/paramĂ©trant la redirection vers l’email du compte admin ?

Merci d’avance !

:us: :uk: the solution I found to add the webmaster alias to my secondary domain is by using the following command in the CLI :

:fr: la solution que j’ai trouvé c’est de rajouter l’alias webmaster pour mon domain secondaire via le terminal en utilisant la commande suivante :

sudo yunohost user group add-mailalias admins webmaster@domain.tld

Mea culpa, I was confidently incorrect while talking to you in the chatroom: the root@/webmaster@/…
addresses are only managed on the main domain. Your solution is the way to go. :slight_smile:

If you want to send emails as these email addresses and if you are using SnappyMail, you can create new identities related to your user account.

1 Like

no problem, even the documentation ins’t clear about it and one may presume that it’s the case for all secondary domains

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.