Adding virtual web hosts

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Raspberry Pi 4 at home
YunoHost version: 11.0.10.2 (stable)
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

I managed to get the basic system up and running, and installed the Mastodon app, all with fairly minimal grief.

Now I want to add one or more virtual web hosts so that I can migrate my old personal website onto the same little box. There does not seem to be a “generic virtual web host” app.

I added a domain using the Yunohost admin interface, but I can’t figure out what that actually accomplished.

That domain now immediately redirects to my Mastodon domain with /yunohost/ added to the path and serves the Yunohost login, which is not what I want.

I manually added a server block file for nginx, along with a directory and index file for my added domain, and hupped the server. However, I am still getting the Yunohost login and not the index page I created.

What am I missing?

Thanks but I’m not having any problem with the installed Mastodon app – it’s working fine.

I’m trying to add one or more virtual webserver hosts that are not Yunohost apps. Just serve html and php from a directory.

Maybe what I need to do is install the Drupal 7 app from the repository and then nuke its files. :slight_smile:

1 Like

There’s an app for that, “My webapp”. It provides SFTP and SSH access for you to upload files in, offers optional PHP and database usage.

I tried “My Webapp” but wound up uninstalling it and using the Drupal 7 installer instead, because Drupal requires some specific webserver configuration directives and adding those manually to the nginx setup is a real horrorshow. I had an Apache server for many years but nginx is foreign territory to me.

I did manage to migrate 16 years of Drupal blog posts and files successfully, and after some Drupal login struggles I’m up and running on my www domain. And I didn’t break the Mastodon instance that was my first use of Yunohost.

Still have not figured out how to do the very simple thing of redirecting all web requests from the root yelvington.com domain to www.yelvington.com.

Try:
Redirect app

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.