Add user to single app (gitea) but not ynh

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Raspberry Pi at home
YunoHost version: 4.2.8.3
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin …
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no
If yes, please explain:

Description of my issue

i run a gitea instance on my ynh server.

i have some repos on there that maybe some others might want to hack on, so i’m wondering how to let them register as users on the server.

is it possible to enable registration just within gitea itself, not ynh?

if not, is the only option to create a group in ynh that only has access to gitea, register them, then add them to that group? does ynh kind of like have a monopoly on users in its apps?

i was hoping i would be allowed to allow ppl to register themselves also, which gitea allows but ynh doesn’t.

Per Gitea’s documentation and YunoHost’s documentation, you have several options.

Option 1: Create YunoHost users and assign permissions

Documentation

1. Create the users to would need access to Gitea
  2. In the permissions panel (blue button in the user list), create a new group for Gitea users (you may not use gitea as name since the app uses that name)
  3. Assign only the Gitea permission to that group
    You will get a warning during the previous step. To follow its advice:
  4. Remove all permissions in the “all users” group, and reassign them according to your needs (directly to users, or to a new group). You may need to keep have a look to that list whenever you add a new app.

I cannot guarantee the next two won’t clash with the LDAP authentication for YunoHost. Test at you own risk. As always, do backups.

Option A: Enable registration

Documentation

1. Edit Gitea’s config file with sudo nano /opt/gitea/app.ini
  2. In there: DISABLE_REGISTRATION = false
  3. Restart Gitea’s service via command line or the webadmin.

Option α: Manually add users

Documentation

sudo su
cd /opt/gitea
sudo -u gitea gitea admin user create --name ...

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.