Add Persian & Kurdish Language

Hi All…
Thanks for great and helpful system and nice community…
I am interested in translating the yunohost into Persian and Kurdish
I am in and available…
All the Best
Parviz Homayun

5 Likes

Thanks in your interest on translating Kurdish and Persian! your help will be very appreciated. This is where you can contribute to the translation: https://translate.yunohost.org/
Don’t hesitate to ask if you need assistance.

3 Likes

Hi Dear ericg,
Thank you so much, I am very happy to be in your friendly community,
I registered on your translation server in weblate, please define Persian and Kurdish languages for translation.

2 Likes

I have activated Persian so it should be now in the language list. You can start a Kurdish translation by clicking on any of the components, say Admin, on the bottom page, you should see a start new translation button, from there you can choose the Kurdish translation.

2 Likes

Thank you so much dear ericg,
I hope to be a worthy and useful person for your community.
Decentralizing the Internet is like light in the dark for dictatorial societies.
Your work is admirable and praiseworthy, And I appreciate your efforts, dear friends.

5 Likes

Hi dear ericg,
I hope you are happy and healthy with your loved ones …
I managed to translate 3 components 100% (admin & moulinette & SSOwat) into Persian.
Unfortunately the Core component is locked And it is not possible to translate it.
How long is the core component locked?

2 Likes

@parviz Thank you for your amazing work done at great speed. I am sure this will be beneficial to many users.
The core component, should be unlocker now.
If you are still interested in translating kurdish, You can add the language, or I can do it myself for you but I am confronted with two choises: North kurdish (kmr) or South Kurdish (sdh) and I don’t know which one to choose…

1 Like

@ericg Thank you very much for your generosity of kind words, It makes me proud and happy.

Yes and thank you, I received the notification and I am still translating it.

Of course, and eagerly after the Persian translation, I will start translating into Kurdish.
Last night I created the Central Kurdish language and translated a few words for example … it is now ready for translation!

But my dear friend,
Localization for right-to-left languages is not just translation …
The most important principle of localization is the synchronization of the calendar of life in a Local place.
Now in the Middle East we have several types of calendars in use,
For example: Jalali calendar, Hijri lunar calendar, Hijri solar calendar, Hebrew calendar, Aryan Kurdish calendar and much more…
I will need your help and that of other developer friends to localize and deploy the system properly…

All the Best
Parviz Homayun

3 Likes