Add internal disk (RAID1) + Nextcloud

Hello,
I am a novice in the world of NAS server, I have already tried OpenMediaVault, being a novice I find a little complicate for my use and then turn to your distribution that I like a lot but I have some questions that I can not find no answer despite my research.
Let me explain, I have a configuration with 3 hard disk.
1 60GB SSD
1 HDD of 600GB
1 HDD of 500GB
The 2 HDDs are in Raid 1, so I installed Yunohost on the 60GB SDD to enjoy the 500go in Raid 1.
I installed Nextcloud very easily with the DNS in order to have Access outside with an existing hosting at one.com (unlike O.M.V and docker that I did not get to lose my hair)
My problem is that I realize that my raid is not mounted. (well I think so) And I do not know how to achieve it in order to migrate my nextcloud give on for a bigger space
The utility of Yunohost is to have Nextcloud easily and share files locally SMB
Could you help me …?

FRANCAIS
Hello,
I am a novice in the world of NAS server, I have already tried OpenMediaVault, being a novice I find a little complicate for my use and then turn to your distribution that I like a lot but I have some questions that I can not find no answer despite my research.
Let me explain, I have a configuration with 3 hard disk.
1 60GB SSD
1 HDD of 600GB
1 HDD of 500GB
The 2 HDDs are in Raid 1, so I installed Yunohost on the 60GB SDD to enjoy the 500go in Raid 1.
I installed Nextcloud very easily with the DNS in order to have Access outside with an existing hosting at one.com (unlike O.M.V and docker that I did not get to lose my hair)
My problem is that I realize that my raid is not mounted. (well I think so) And I do not know how to achieve it in order to migrate my nextcloud give on for a bigger space
The utility of Yunohost is to have Nextcloud easily and share files locally SMB
Could you help me …?

Hi @alexis95

I don’t think yunohost has “systems” tools exposed in the web application to handle this type of operation.

Would you be willing to do some commands through SSH on the server ? If so we can probably guide you through a few mount commands so that your RAID is mounted in the right place where nextcloud can store it’s files (/home would be a first approximation).

I haven’t checked the applications list, maybe there is some application that enables you to do this through the web…

Hello, Thank you for your answer, I am not against for orders in SSH, if an application is available I am fully willing to try. My hard drives are empty and I have no fear of losing data I am still trying to migrate my files so no worries.

FRANCAIS :

Bonjour,

Merci pour votre réponse, je ne suis pas contre pour des commandes en SSH, si une application est disponible je suis entièrement volontaire pour essayer.

Mes disques durs sont vides et je n’ai pas de crainte de perde des donnes je suis encore en période d’essaye avant de migrer mes fichiers donc aucune crainte.

Hello

For the moment I didn’t find any way to do that. I need the same setup and Yunohost seems not made for it.

Here is what I am currently trying to do:

1. Install opemmediavault
  2. Create RAID and SMB on OMV
  3. Install Yunohost inside a virtual machine inside OMV

It seems odd having 2 Debian one on top of another, but I don’t think of a better solution.

I understand if no solution is possible I think to realize this, the question that I ask myself now, there is no problem if 2 Debian are installed?
And suddenly it gives no solution for the folder Nextcloud which according to my need would need to be on the Raid (for more space)

FRANCAIS:
Je comprends si aucune solution n’est possible je pense réaliser cela, la question que je me pose maintenant, il y a aucun souci si 2 Debian sont installé ?

Et du coup sa donne pas de solution pour le dossier Nextcloud qui selon mon besoin aurait besoin d’être sur le Raid (pour plus d’espace)

For the moment, this is working well.
The VM is on my Raid array so every Yunohost app are there.
The next step is to have a Shared folder on the Raid, with SMB, and shared in Nextcloud in r/w. I’ll make a new post for that if it needs a lot of work and help.

Ok ok … Good for my novice level it’s way too complicated I think. I’m always trying to see that I have no file to lose … But Yunohost is so easy to use through the application service … pity it does not yet SMB and RAID management

FRANCAIS :
Ok ok … Bon pour mon niveau de novice c’est bien trop compliqué je pense. Je vais tout de fois essayer vue que j’ai pas encore de fichier a perdre … Mais Yunohost est tellement simple d’utilisation via le service d’application… dommage qu’il na pas encore SMB et gestion RAID