Access to /var/www/app for media upload

Hi there,

My YunoHost server

Hardware: VPS bought online
YunoHost version: 4.3.6.2
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin | direct access via keyboard / screen | …
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

I have migrated my Webtrees installation from a shared hosting installation to Yunohost.
Now I have a lot of images and I would like to upload them in bulk via FTP/SSH (or another method).
However with the yunohost file system structure I don’t know where to put the images. I looks like I don’t have permission to access /var/www/webtrees and I was suspecting that I may be able to upload the images there. Do I need to change the directory permissions for /var/www/app and if yes how?

Your hints are appreciated.
Thanks.

German:
Ich hab viele Bilder für Webtrees zu hochladen, aber die Browser-Upload ist mir zu umständlich. Ich vermute das ich die Bilder in /var/www/webtrees hochladen kann, aber ich hab selbst als admin/root keine Berechtigungen darauf. Gibt es einen Weg wie ich trotzdem in dieses Verzeichnis was hochladen kann? Einfach die Gruppenberechtigungen ändern? ich hab das versucht aber es hat nicht funktioniert.

Hi ! I don’t know that app but you will probably have to ssh into your server, sudo su tu get admin rights, upload your images, and then chown these images to make sure that their owner is the correct unix user.

1 Like

I thought I already have admin rights when I log-in as admin :smile:
Thank you very much! :pray:

I’ve uploaded the images via FTP into a folder where I have permissions and then moved the images afterwards into that /var/www/userapp folder
Before I did that I’ve elevated my permissions with the command su

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.