A presentation for yunohost in LinuxDay2023 in Florence (Italy)

Sorry for the delay, I forgot to mention.
During the past LinuxDay 2023 held in Signa (near Firenze) https://www.firenze.linux.it/2023/09/linux-day-2023/ by the Golem and FLUG I gave a presentation of the Yunohost project.

20 persons, good reactions and some questions during the speech.

The slides can be viewed here.

7 Likes

Thank you very much!
Feel free to share any “difficult” or interesting questions you had.

Some small comments:

• We rely on Libera.chat for IRC now, not Freenode. :wink:
  • Regarding Github, we evoked the possibility to use the fediverse when git forges will have implemented robust ways to decentralize repositories, while keeping our visibility on the network.
  • As of v11.x, there is no “admin” user anymore, but an “admins” group where anyone can be added to.
  • You say some services give direct access to the filesystem, though they are generally constrained by their system user and we sometimes rely on ACLs. Hopefully? :sweat_smile:
  • “Qui le guerre di religione sono ancora in corso”. SO TRUE. :rofl:
  • You mention “false simplicity”… In my point of view YunoHost is a stepping stone into this much complex world of system administration. We do not aim to cover all the use cases, but I hope the forum, chatrooms and the documentation can offer enough material to guide anyone into their selfhosting journey.

Thanks again!

3 Likes

Signed!

My audience is often quite mixed, with hidden technical magician in so I need to clarify something about security and the use in commercial solutions :slight_smile:

I love so much this project because I think just like you but I need to present also problems and one of the biggest is the network knowledge (and the jargon too).

1 Like