A huge thank you to the devs!

I just want to give a huge THANK YOU to the devs especially to whoever started the Yunohost project. You are all a huge blessing to the world! Yunohost has to be the greatest thing since sliced bread and deserves way more attention it gets. The amount of effort and time you all have spent on it is absolutely amazing!
I installed it last weekend with the intention of going Google free because I am sick of being a product for big tech who sell us to their advertisers. I dont know about you but shopping for cars in real life then going home and getting online and seeing ads for the same cars you were just looking at is just a little damn creepy. Since I am a truck driver that has a dedicated route the holiday screwed me up this week and I ended up being home for 4 days in a row. It’s now the 2nd day I’ve been home and I’ve got my own server running in tip top shape. I totally redid my website, am using Write freely for the blog, have Nextcloud to replace Google Docs/Drive, email TTTRss to replace Feedly and am getting ready to install Reel2bits to distribute my homemade music and Pixelfed to replace Instacrap , er I mean Instagram. I’m already on mastadon.social and I’m loving this whole thing!
As a side note I do produce a couple of podcasts. Who would I contact to see if they would like to come on one of my shows to talk about Yunohost?

I’ve read up on all the others Freedombone, Freebox, Sandbox, etc. and I have to say that the kindness and attitude of the community and devs here. Along with the amount of apps and stupid simple to read documentation that you all have created makes Yunohost the easiest and the best self hosting solution ever!

Again THANK YOU!

14 Likes

Thank you @unklebonehead! :slight_smile:

Keeeeep emmmmm comminnggggggggg

2 Likes

Same here!
I started 2 weeks ago (I had never set up a VPS before)
Like you and also planning to document my adventures. Starting with how I managed to get my green VPS up and running (it’s hosted in a zero carbon wind powered data center)

I set up a pi-hole this weekend and it’s scary!

2 Likes

Let me know where you put that documentation. Perhaps we can do this journey together sometime!

Oh they are coming. I even started a vidcast on my Peertube instance. The next episide is the post install steps. Then after that I will do some simple app installing and planning an "app of the week highlight on both the audio and video casts.

2 Likes

I’d love to collaborate.
I used to produce an indie music podcast but don’t have time to listen to new tracks now.
What is your peertube channel?

1 Like

https://peertube.boneheadmedia.com/video-channels/tshp/about

I’ve done podcasting/internet radio off and on since 2006. The longest running ones (and most popular) were indie music. I wish I had more time to do those again as well.

1 Like

mine was http://justlikehoney.co.uk

I’ll subscribe to your channel.

1 Like

Thank you.
And thank you for leaving your podcast up. So many people quit a music podcast and then delete it. I did it a couple of times and regret doing it. I still get emails from promoters and artists wondering what happened. I lost most of them when my old computer caught on fire. Lol. My wife still hasnt let me live that one down.

1 Like

I’ve just installed an /e/ phone connected to yunohost (and nextcloud).
everything was really smooth.
Thanks !

1 Like

Yunohost needs this kind of good work! :rocket:

2 Likes