I’m thinking about finding a new SBC (or mini PC) to run YNH.
Today, my RPi limitations, cons :
- not enough RAM (only 1Go…)
- LAN is 100 Mbits…
- may be SD card ? Not always sure it will live a long time… ?
- power consumption
- a screen is not needed (only ssh possible)
- cheap SBC (when I bought it some years ago…)
I see Orange Pi, Pine64, etc.
Why not with a SATA or else to plug a little SSD… 4Go RAM… No fan if possible. Not 500€, cheap is better, same for electric bill
Thx in advance for your ideas
A RPI 4? or a RPI 5?
I bought a Zimaboard to use as a firewall and i’m very happy with it.
- 2 x 1Gb lan
- 64-bit CPU
- 32G emmc
- 2G/4G/8G ram
- 2x SATA
- 1x PCIe
- TDP 6W
With the Zimaboard named, I’ve found another name Nano Pi…
On my side I opted for a Intel NUC micro-PC, essentially because at that time it was supposed to also act as a media center.
Now it is only a server.
- Can put a real hard drive inside
- Can be a media center
- Can use a SD card (but a real hard drive is better)
- May consume more power
- May be bigger (depend on the boy of your board)
- Most of them contains a fan
I am looking for :
to replace my 10 years old Intel Pentium T series (low power) mini-itx board server.
The Intel four E processors are using only 6W, there is no fan and plenty of I/O.
Does anybody tested this NUC as a YunoHost server ?
I’m seeing too Orange Pi, not so big prices…
Do some people using this ? If I’m not wrong, Debian can run on it…