502 Bad Gateway for Wordpress

My YunoHost server

Hardware: DigitalOcean Droplet - 2GB RAM and 1 vCPU
YunoHost version: 11.2.3
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin | direct access via keyboard / screen
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : No
If yes, please explain:
If your request is related to an app, specify its name and version: Wordpress app 6.2.2~ynh1

Description of my issue

So, I get a 502 error when I try and access Wordpress. Can’t access the front end or the backend. The app was working fine until I attempted to change the configuration. Specifically I changed “Expected Usage” to medium and saved it. I then also saw the “Enable maintenance mode” toggle and wanted to give that a try and saved it. After, I noticed the toggle didn’t work, it still showed it as disabled. I was curious so I checked the app, and that’s when I noticed the 502 Bad Gateway error.

Things I have tried. Reversing the changes I made and saving. I looked in services to see if there was anything down, but all seems good there. Restarting the server. And of course I tried searching to see if anyone else has had this issue, but I could find this specific type of case.

Also, as far as I am aware there are no other errors. Though, I am not entirely certain where I should be looking in regards to logs.

In addition, I tried to reproduce this issue with a newly installed app (I had just installed firefly). I altered “Expected Usage” to Medium, and after that the URL to access the app, takes me to YunoHost’s user page. And changing it back doesn’t fix the problem. Though, I am not receiving a 502 Bad Gateway in this particular case. On a side note, I am not looking to fix Firefly, I just reinstalled it.

I can’t do the same for Wordpress in this case because I have already done a lot of work on it and would like to at least try and get it working again.

Never mind, I fixed it. I fixed it by editing the file “/etc/php/8.2/fpm/pool.d/wordpress.conf”. Listen was set to “/var/run/php/php7.4-fpm-wordpress.sock”. I changed it to 8.2, reset the service and now it works.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.