[Zap][Osada] 21.05.21 Social networking platform

zap

Zap updated to version 21.05.21.

Osada updated to version 21.05.21.

I have both Hubzilla and Zap installed on Yunohost. I havenā€™t been busy in either but have been spending more time with Hubzilla. Today I decided to look into Zap again, and noticed that the Yunohost version of Zap is a few months behind in updates.

Would it be possible to get an update for Zap? Iā€™m hoping to make more use of it going forward. At least those are my best intentionsā€¦:slight_smile:

Thanks

I have pushed a upgrade for Zap: GitHub - YunoHost-Apps/zap_ynh at Upgrade

sudo yunohost app install https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/zap_ynh/tree/Upgrade

3 Likes

The zap install page seems to have old broken links, that now redirect you to a shady websiteā€¦

Name: Supported until
Zap: 2022-12-31
Mistpark: 2022-12-31
Osada: 2022-12-31
Redmatrix: 2022-12-31
Roadhouse: 2022-12-31

Streams supersedes all those software projects. Ref

The plan initially involved including a script to upgrade those projects (Zap, etc) to Streams, however this didnā€™t end up happening.

Iā€™ve no idea if itā€™s possible for YunoHost to create a script from the instruction provided by Mike but here it is:

Unfortunately itā€™s no longer possible to just install streams on top of zap. But hereā€™s what you do:

backup everything

git clone the streams repository into a fresh directory and cd into it.

git checkout cfa5328c7042c68384169947a2c3f57dbb883942 - what this does is point you at a repository commit from back in February before the repositories and database schemas dramatically diverged.

Copy or move (move is preferable) ā€œ.htconfig.phpā€, as well as the ā€˜cacheā€™ and ā€˜storeā€™ folders and all their contents from your zap base directory to your new streams base directory.

execute util/config system.db_version 1254 from the top level streams directory.

Point your webserver at the new folder or mv the zap folder to another name and rename the streams folder to what it was.

Visit your site. This should be uneventful. Just load a page. Behind the scenes, this will run one conflicting database update (1255).

ā€œgit checkout releaseā€ and visit your site again. This will run all the database updates between February and now. This may take a few minutes to display a page. Longer if you donā€™t expire content.

Install addons and setup a cron job or schedule task per the instructions in install/INSTALL.txt

Visit the admin page and check the addons. Theyā€™ve changed a bit. Just make sure any you require are installed.

This should do it.

If your site only has one or two accounts/channels it would be preferable to install streams from scratch and clone/import those channels from your old site. The advantage is that the database schema has been tuned for higher performance than you can get by migrating the zap database. Youā€™ll need to have web access to both servers to do it this way. When importing, tick the box to make the new streams clone your ā€œprimaryā€ location.