Yunohost in ubuntu on an arm server

My YunoHost server

Hardware: arm server in oracle cloud
YunoHost version: x.x.x
I have access to my server : Through SSH | …
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no
If yes, please explain:

Description of my issue

i want to install yunohost in my server but oracle cloud does not have a debian image. what should i do?

YunoHost can’t be installed on top of ubuntu.

I think you should find a way to deploy debian on oracle cloud (have you called the oracle support?)

1 Like

Is there a benefit to Oracles cloud to choose that company?

1 Like

They have a free tier that is generous compared to other solutions (AWS, Azure, Google…). But they don’t offer Debian:

• No time limit
  • 1-4 VM.Standard.A1.Flex
  • 24 GB RAM
  • 200 GB storage
  • 10000 GB transfer

I have two VMs running synapse for a friend and myself.

1 Like

I am not so sure I would let Oracle get hold of my data if my life didn’t depend on it, but those are good specs indeed.

1 Like

At this step, i think the simple way is to create a debian container in your Ubuntu.

It could be done with systemd container or with lxd.

However you may learn some skills to achieve this.

To create a container with systemd nspawn:

apt install --no-install-recommends debootstrap systemd-container debian-archive-keyring
mkdir /var/lib/machines/MACHINE_NAME
cd /opt
git clone https://github.com/YunoHost/yunohost-debootstrap
cp /opt/yunohost-debootstrap/yunohost /usr/share/debootstrap/scripts/
sed -i "s@#\!/bin/sh@#\!/bin/bash@" /usr/sbin/debootstrap
debootstrap --arch amd64 --include="systemd-container,acpi-support-base,kbd,udev,linux-image-amd64,openssh-server,ca-certificates,debhelper" yunohost /var/lib/machines/MACHINE_NAME/ https://deb.debian.org/debian/
machinectl start MACHINE_NAME
systemctl set-property systemd-nspawn@MACHINE_NAME.service MemoryMax=2G
systemctl set-property systemd-nspawn@MACHINE_NAME.service CPUQuota=200%
machinectl enable MACHINE_NAME
machinectl shell MACHINE_NAME

If the ubuntu doesn’t use systemd-network you probably need to setup network by yourself in the container and next post install yunohost.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.