Yunohost 11.1 spooky testing

If you expected it to make coffee and tuck you in at night, indeed you can be disappointed. Can you enlighten us on what you expected, what you did, and what happens?

2 Likes

Hello,
before the upgrade to 11.1* I could hide the webadmin with this setting using:

sudo yunohost settings set security.webadmin.allowlist -v <IP_ADDRESS> 

yunohost settings set security.webadmin.allowlist.enabled -v True 

This commands permit access the webadmin only through the <IP_ADDRESS> selected, other IP show an error 403

Since the upgrade, the webadmin is no more hidden with these settingsā€¦

2 Likes

Thanks. :slight_smile:

By any chance, does it work on the webadmin? It might be related to my issue above.

No, even from the webadminā€¦

did you try yunohost settings set security.nginx_redirect_to_https -v 1 ?

or may be better yunohost settings set nginx_redirect_to_https -v True or yunohost settings set security.nginx_redirect_to_https -v True ??

In my server I can see nginx_redirect_to_https: True

Ok, I try but have same issue !!

Itā€™s not broken :wink: Just a weird stuff that yunohost settings list doesnt like the full setting key but yunohost settings set expects the full key ā€¦

I fixed the output format of yunohost settings list in settings: fix output format for 'yunohost settings list' Ā· YunoHost/yunohost@70bf38c Ā· GitHub

1 Like

I used hook for securing web admin to only lan:

ā€œIgnore diagnosis checkā€ switch for certificate generation works well! :ok_hand:

1 Like

:point_right: YunoHost 11.1.1 has been released and fixes a bunch of issues

In particular, we recommend people that were on 11.1.0 to run the following to fix the issue with admins aliases:

sudo su # To become root if not root already
MAINDOMAIN=$(yunohost domain list --output-as json | jq -r '.main')
yunohost user group add-mailalias admins root@$MAINDOMAIN admin@$MAINDOMAIN admins@$MAINDOMAIN webmaster@$MAINDOMAIN abuse@$MAINDOMAIN postmaster@$MAINDOMAIN
yunohost user group remove-mailalias admins root admin admins abuse webmaster postmaster

NB : if you ended up on 11.1.0 while still being on stable (11.1.0 was incorectly released as stable during a few hours), you first need to enable testing to get the upgrade to 11.1.1: curl https://install.yunohost.org/switchtoTesting | bash

:scroll: Changelog

• groups: add mail-aliases management (#1539) (0f9d9388)
    • Groups can now be used as a minimalist mailing list : you can add group aliases with yunohost user group add-mailalias <groupname> <whatever@domain.tld> and mails sent to whatever@domain.tld will be dispatched to all members of the group
  • apps: Allow apps to be installed on a path sharing a common base, eg /foo and /foo2 (#1537) (ae594111)
  • admins/ldap: re-allow members of the admins group to edit ldap db (4f5cc166)
  • nginx: Add 502 custom error page (#1530) (5063e128)
  • misc/nodejs: Upgrade n to version 9.0.1 (#1528)
  • misc/update: add --allow-releaseinfo-change option to apt update to prevent the classic nightmare when debian changes from stable to oldstable (ac6d6871)
  • misc/dns: Add Webgo as Registrar to support it via Lexicon (#1529) (c50f3771)
  • misc/debug: Improve dpkg_is_broken instruction to also mention dpkg --audit (a772153b)
  • misc/regeconf: fix yunohost hook incorectly tweaking mdns.yml ownership (9bd98162)
  • misc/helpers: fix docker-image-extract helper (#1532)
  • misc/yunoprompt: donā€™t display postinstall tip to members of all_users group (4aaa8896)
  • misc/diagnosis: make the dnsrecord diagnoser not complain about the damn 128 vs 0 stuff in CAA records (70a8225b)
  • misc/settings: fix output format for ā€˜yunohost settings listā€™ (70bf38ce)
  • misc/helpers: Better error message when psql is not there for database_exists (#992) (f49c121b)
  • misc/multimedia: fix edgecase where setfacl crashes because of broken symlinks (94f21ea2)
  • misc/legacy: auto-patch ā€˜yunohost user createā€™ syntax in app scripts to use --fullname instead (d254fb1b)
  • misc/webadmin: fix checkbox svg icon colors (webadmin#489)
  • i18n: Translations updated for Arabic, Basque, Chinese (Simplified), Dutch, French, Galician, German, Spanish, Ukrainian, Italian, Kabyle, Polish
4 Likes

Wau, thans. I really looking forward to it.
But there at stable is not update available

Hello,

I am on a 11.1.0.2 version.

Is there a typo mistake ?

# # yunohost user group remove-mailalias admins root admin admins abuse webmaster postmaster
usage: yunohost user group {list,create,delete,info,add,remove} ... [-h]
yunohost user group: error: argument {list,create,delete,info,add,remove}: invalid choice: 'remove-mailalias' (choose from 'list', 'create', 'delete', 'info', 'add', 'remove')
1 Like

Same here :thinking:

Well yes you have to be on 11.1.1 first to run that command ā€¦

2 Likes

Yes thatā€™s still a testing release, you have to be on testing to receive the upgrade ā€¦

Being on testing, no problem to update :innocent:

1 Like

(I guess the confusion comes from the fact that some folks ended up on 11.1 as stable and never enabled testing :confused: In which case you should run : curl https://install.yunohost.org/switchtoTesting | bash)

Alright, updated to 11.1.1 with the curl command provided above.

# yunohost tools versions
yunohost:
  repo: testing
  version: 11.1.1
yunohost-admin:
  version: 11.1.1
moulinette:
  version: 11.1.0
ssowat:
  version: 11.1.0

Still have issue processing the removing of the groups : https://paste.yunohost.org/raw/iperewiruc

# yunohost user group list
groups:
  admins:
    members:
      - admin
      - user1
  all_users:
    members: user1
  visitors:
    members:

Well, the group admins exists.

Group infos :

# yunohost user group info admins
mail-aliases:
  - root
  - admin
  - admins
  - webmaster
  - postmaster
  - abuse
members:
  - admin
  - user1
permissions:

Hmokay, can you try the other way around:

yunohost user group add-mailalias admins root@$MAINDOMAIN admin@$MAINDOMAIN admins@$MAINDOMAIN webmaster@$MAINDOMAIN abuse@$MAINDOMAIN postmaster@$MAINDOMAIN
yunohost user group remove-mailalias admins root admin admins abuse webmaster postmaster
1 Like

Weird, but worked :

# yunohost user group remove-mailalias admins root admin admins abuse webmaster postmaster
Info: Updating aliases for group 'admins'
Success! Group 'admins' updated
mail-aliases:
  - webmaster@mydomain.tld
  - abuse@mydomain.tld
  - admins@mydomain.tld
  - admin@mydomain.tld
  - postmaster@mydomain.tld
  - root@mydomain.tld
members:
  - admin
  - user1
permissions:

@Aleks : Updated to 11.1.1.2

I still receive those Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender mails. Shouldnā€™t the mail-aliases fix it ?

Here is a sample of a mail sent from root to root :

This is the mail system at host mydomain.tld.

Iā€™m sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be delivered to one or more recipients. Itā€™s attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system admin@mydomain.tld (expanded from root@mydomain.tld): user unknown

Reporting-MTA: dns; mydomain.tld
X-Postfix-Queue-ID: 1D82933E23F4
X-Postfix-Sender: rfc822; root@mydomain.tld
Arrival-Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2022 20:05:39 +0100 (CET)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; admin@mydomain.tld
Original-Recipient: rfc822;root@mydomain.tld
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: x-unix; user unknown

[original mail]