YunoHost 11.1 release / Sortie de YunoHost 11.1

C’est ce que je conseille (et ce que je fais).

Il est aussi possible de mettre un mot de passe principal dans thunderbird…

Did you use a hook to modify /etc/ssh/sshd_config ?

FINALLY THANK YOU!!! next step 2fa? :innocent:

1 Like

Yes sure, after we receive 300k€ donations :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Now we are talking, no but seriously you people did an awesome job on the new security settings!

A post was merged into an existing topic: Changing ssh port / fail2ban ssh jail port

Can I also remove the admin from it, since it was created by the developers. Since I use the admin alone. Or do you give more access? Which I think is alarming! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Kann ich den Admin auch darüber herausnehmen, da er ja erstellt worden ist von den Entwicklern. Da ich den Admin allein nutze. Oder geben Sie mehren den Zugriff? Was ich für bedenklich halte! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Did a new installation. No problems so far. :+1:

thx to everyone involved.

1 Like

Question regarding packaging v2. Is there a spot in resources for node.js install? Or does this need to stay in the scripts using the helpers?

Indeed it was a temporary issue. So it’s recommended to delete the admin user now?

For now there’s no change related to nodejs handling compared to v1, all this kind of stuff should be reworked in v3 which you can expect maybe in 2024 or 2025 lol

Yes

1 Like

Love it!

It seems like this setting is only saved locally on the browser, can this be tweaked to be a setting that is saved across all browsers?

Is there a way to declare the system user home directory in v2? I’m finding that v2 doesn’t seem to set the home directory to $install_dir like how v1 seems to set it to $final_path.

Hello,
well I have few Yunohost servers to manage. Only one have an issue with the upgrade, it was difficult to permit the user (only one in this server) to connect through ssh with only ssh key.
To get it I had to comment a line PermitRootLogin yes

I don’t understand what is wrong…
Now I can connect with ssh key, but I need enter the the password to connect by ssh…

Can you elaborate why you need this

1 Like

@Aleks

Because of this:

I get the following error when testing my attempt at v2 with Trilium. I assume I am missing something important in the scripts. Just not sure what.

Info: [++++++++++++++++++..] > Installing Node.js packages ...
Error: Unable to install trilium: An error occurred inside the app installation script
Info: The operation 'Install the 'trilium' app' could not be completed. Please share the full log of this operation using the command 'yunohost log share 20230212-033729-app_install-trilium' to get help
Warning: Here's an extract of the logs before the crash. It might help debugging the error:
Info: DEBUG - npm ERR! path /home/trilium
Info: DEBUG - npm ERR! errno -13
Info: DEBUG - npm ERR! Error: EACCES: permission denied, mkdir '/home/trilium'
Info: DEBUG - npm ERR!  [Error: EACCES: permission denied, mkdir '/home/trilium'] {
Info: DEBUG - npm ERR!   errno: -13,
Info: DEBUG - npm ERR!   code: 'EACCES',
Info: DEBUG - npm ERR!   syscall: 'mkdir',
Info: DEBUG - npm ERR!   path: '/home/trilium'
Info: DEBUG - npm ERR! }
Info: DEBUG - npm ERR!
Info: DEBUG - npm ERR! The operation was rejected by your operating system.
Info: DEBUG - npm ERR! It is likely you do not have the permissions to access this file as the current user
Info: DEBUG - npm ERR!
Info: DEBUG - npm ERR! If you believe this might be a permissions issue, please double-check the
Info: DEBUG - npm ERR! permissions of the file and its containing directories, or try running
Info: DEBUG - npm ERR! the command again as root/Administrator.

I double-checked the trilium user home dir by interrupting the install and using echo ~trilium. This returns /home/trilium. Installing packaging v1 the echo ~trilium command returns /opt/yunohost/trilium.

It maybe due to the fact that Trilium is using an none standard path (/opt/yunohost/$app) as final_path.
I don’t know if the new install_dir variable overrides this with /var/www/$app
… Just a thought

My server is dead.

I ran a Raspberry Pi 3, with Yunohost running entirely from an external SSD instead of a micro-SD card, and I sign in to it using ssh with a port number that’s not the default 22.

I ran the update, the connection with the server was lost (which I thought was normal, because of the update), and the webadmin’s suggestion to run systemctl restart yunohost-api through ssh did nothing. I rebooted through SSH, found I could no longer sign in through SSH when it restarted, so I unplugged my server to bring it upstairs to connect it to a screen, and it picked up no output at all. Just a black screen.

If I reinstall Yunohost exactly as before, will I get similar problems with future updates?

No idea, from what you describe it sounds like an hardware issue (eg an SD card failure which you could check by trying to plug the SD card in another computer)

Hence it doesnt sound related to YunoHost strictly-speaking …