Yunhost doesn't accept admin password anymore - even after reinstalling

I haven’t logged into my Yunohost server for weeks. When I tried it today, I could log in as a normal user, but the admin password did not work via the web interface. I also had trouble logging in via ssh, it doesn’t accept my admin password either.

And when I try to ssh as a normal user it accepts the password, but then the server kicks me immediately out with the message:

"The programs included with the Debian GNU/Linux system are free software;
the exact distribution terms for each program are described in the
individual files in /usr/share/doc/*/copyright.

Debian GNU/Linux comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent
permitted by applicable law.
No mail.
Connection to xxxxxxxx closed.

I tried to solve the problem by reinstalling an older version to yunohost via a snapshot of the server that I had made. But again the same problem, it doesn’t accept my admin password, not via ssh and not via the web interface although I am sure the password is right.

This is really really strange…

Hi there,

the fact that you cannot ssh as a normal (Yunohost) user by default is sort of a feature. If you want to allow users to connect through ssh, you can use for instance the small script I wrote here. You’ll need the LDAP admin (=Yunohost admin) password to do that.

The admin password is pretty stange though, I don’t see any reason it would spontaneously change.

Can you still login as root somehow though ? If so, you can try to change the LDAP/Yunohost password (see here).

Thanks for the help. I restarted my server and installed an old snapshot of my yunohost installation, and now the old admin password is working again. Really strange behavior. Because I tried this before (and it didn’t work then), but anyway, I’m glad its working again :wink:

Oh, now I see that i still can’t ssh into my yunohost server as an admin, Yunohost kicks me out. Unfortunatly I have forgotten my root password…