YNH to external drive

My YunoHost server

Hardware: VPS bought online / Old laptop or computer / Raspberry Pi at home / Internet Cube with VPN / Other ARM board / …
YunoHost version: latest
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin | direct access via keyboard / screen | …
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no
If yes, please explain:

Description of my issue

Is it possible to do the backup/local to an external USB drive. I have one mapped already.

It would be useful to have the backup going straight to the external drive rather than yunohost.archive.

Also is it possible to set up a Cron job to then run backup (everything)? Again to the external drive

Many thanks

Dj

Yes.

• symbolic link /home/yunohost.backups/archives/ to your exernal drive mount point
  • make a cronjob
sudo nano /etc/cron.d/backup
0 2 * * * root yunohost tools sudo yunohost backup create --apps --system

NOTE: Don’t just blindly copy and paste this.
Search the internet for cron jobs and symbolic links.
This should be enough to get you started.

Links to get started:

@arkadi

Thanks for this

So

ln -s /home/yunohost.backups/archives/ to/my/mounted/drive

CRON I’m ok with, I think. I have one set up for my Restic setup which is STILL working.

If I wanted everything backed up, the line would be:

0 2 * * * root yunohost tools sudo yunohost backup create --all

At 2am backup the whole system?

Thanks again

dj

The command is:

yunohost backup create

so in cron:
0 2 * * * root yunohost backup create

sudo is not required because root will be running this command.

test the comman: sudo yunohost backup create before setting up the cron, check what cron did after it runs.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.