[Wordpress] Beautiful website, blog, or app

Hello, same bug with new update: bad Gateway. thanks for the tip i desinstall wordpress and restore the backup :grinning:

There was an error in the nginx conf, now it should work.

Sorry for the trouble!

hello, itÂŽs work after your change. is it normal that the version display in the wordpress panel admin is 5.4.4??

After the upgrade, Wordpress should display the version 5.5.1 or newer.
What do you have in the YunoHost Admin panel on Wordpress app?

Hello Kayou, in the yunohost admin panel, i have 5.5.1~ynh1 version display!

New stable release available

04 Dec 2020 - # 111

Changed

Fix

1 Like

Hey there! Thank you for all the efforts! My question is regarding the Android app.

How to connect the app to private Ynh-Wordpress? It seems that Automattic stopped to require plug-in for app with stand alone instances. But with all the SSO and so on, it looks like app needs some help to log in into the website.

Is there any instruction maybe?

Hi,

I think you just can’t access it with an external app. That’s the purpose of private app :slight_smile:

You can switch it public in the ynh-webadmin to be able to use your app.

Usually private means that you need authorization to access it. I really can’t imagine how does app breaks privacy of content in protected Wordpress CMS. But I can tell that users are frustrated that they can’t use system share to put something on CMS via the app. Or make drafts when they are out of network coverage.

Of course, if Ynh define private such that nothing can connect to its API, then the only option for us is to wait when this change since we are useless to contribute a solution. On the other hand I can imagine what a technical challenge it is to make this app work with SSO. I’m now thinking if I want to see Jetpack in the Wp instance, and if it’s capable of connecting the app to Wp_ynh.

You can switch it public in the ynh-webadmin to be able to use your app.

Not an option. Nobody wants to share the pages and posts with public.

In theory Jetpack will let Wp.com users to log into Wp_ynh.

Please, share your concerns about adding Jetpack to a Wp_ynh instance.

New stable release available

28 Dec 2020 - # 116

Changed

3 Likes

Have you solved that ? Same thing for me : Wp app is updated to 5.6 in yunohost but wp-admin still tells me it is 5.5.3

1 Like

Hello, I have already this problem (or bug ?) Update seem to be Ok in the Yunohost panel Admin with the 5.6, but Wordpress 5 4 4 is show in the wordpress panel admin.
IÂŽ not have error message during update!

1 Like

Can I have logs on the upgrade process please?

I have sent a DM with logs. Hope it helps.

Bonjour,
J’ai exactement le mĂȘme problĂšme que @nicotentin de plus dans mon admin pour wordpress il me propose quand mĂȘme de faire la mise Ă  jour vers la 5.6
Et comme @thierry56 je n’ai pas eu de message d’erreur lors de la mise à jour.
En tout cas merci merci pour le travail effectué que ferai-je sans yuno?

@Kayou

Just to remind you, the upgrade script for this package DOES NOT upgrade the app itself in order to prevent any conflict with the upgrade from the admin panel of wordpress. Especially to prevent any downgrade of the app.

That’s also why there’s an auto-update plugin installed with this app.

The issue here is not that the package does not upgrade wordpress, but that wordpress is not upgrading automatically as it should be.

2 Likes

So, it is safe to upgrade with the admin panel ?

1 Like

Just to remind you, the upgrade script for this package DOES NOT upgrade the app itself in order to prevent any conflict with the upgrade from the admin panel of wordpress. Especially to prevent any downgrade of the app.

Thanks for the reminder! I hadn’t noticed that

The issue here is not that the package does not upgrade wordpress, but that wordpress is not upgrading automatically as it should be.

I think it’s because if the WP is private, then the cron will never be triggered. I’ll try to fix this issue

So, it is safe to upgrade with the admin panel ?

Yes :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Merci pour ces prĂ©cisions. Je viens de complĂ©ter la mise Ă  jour de wordpress 5.6 par l’intermĂ©diaire du panneau d’administration. Tout c’est bien passĂ©, merci Ă  tous.