What is the current problem with Framaforms?

Hardware: VPS bought online / Old laptop or computer
YunoHost version: Latest one
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin | direct access via keyboard / screen | …
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Hello!

Why does the App catalog says Framaform is broken?

I am installing a new Yunohost server and would like it to have Framaforms.

Will I be able to make it? What is the exact problem?

Thank you!

Looking into it, the app points to sources that don’t exists anymore (because the upstream deleted it) (namely https://framagit.org/framasoft/framaforms/-/archive/1.0.3/framaforms-1.0.3.tar.gz)

There’s a pending pull-request to fix the app though, but as far as I can see it still had issues that prevented to merge it …

If you really want to try it, you can run yunohost app install https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/framaforms_ynh/tree/4.3 (or use that url in the custom app install form in the webadmin). I guess in the worst case it won’t break anything, it will just crash then cleanup the mess.

Thank you Aleks! I’ll give it a try!

I did it and everything looked ok, it did not complain.

The problem came when I went to my forms.mydomain.tld and it took me to a webpage to configure the database, I had to fill in some fields: the Database name (explaining “The name of the database your Drupal data will be stored in. It must exist on your server before Drupal can be installed”), the Database username and the Database password. So I got stuck there.

Then I tried to find out how to fill those fields in by following the instructions here:

I unsuccessfully played a bit with some commands to create a PostgreSQL database and quickly got stuck again.

Fortunately, there is no shit to clean, I used a test machine.

Now I would like to know whether there is any plan to have the forms app back to Yunohost or I should rather forget it.

In the case there is a plan. Anyone would dare to give a roughly, but realistic, estimation on when it could be done?

Thank you anyway!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.