What is missing in the doc ? / Qu'est ce qu'il vous manque dans la doc?

That is a very nice question!

Two things I see as substantial potential improvements which lower the bar for administering Yunohost on a Raspberry Pi:

1. Getting the GUI into - and the terminal use out of - the onboarding guidance/documentation

A concrete example of where this is currently done is: Advertise the use of yunohost.local for install @ homes by alexAubin · Pull Request #1491 · YunoHost/doc · GitHub

2. Re-thinking the best setup(s) for small scale serving, and creating a fitting onboarding experience

The best case here would be if the docs are used as little as necessary and users are guided within their yunohost installation most of the time:
To use a quote from a post from two years ago to illustrate the issue for new administrators:

General notes on Yunohost UX and documentation

As a UX researcher, my view on documentation is this: when documentation is needed to solve an issue, then that is a sign that the UX of the product itself is probably flawed on the matter.
Now, the overarching goal for Yunohost, as I understand it, is to get more of the worlds server infrastructure from big clouds and into people’s own control. The method of Yunohost is basically to ask: “Why do you not host yourself?” literally, record the answers that people give, and then addressing those issues to make it easier. It is best is not to ask seasoned admins and devs, but people with almost no knowledge about administering a server. If we do this, then we will know what needs to be added to Yunohost, or if we don’t want to change something in the UX, to its documentation. And it will be awesome :smiley:

Cheers!

1 Like