[Webtrees] A genealogy app

Hi

I am happy to announce the update for the Webtrees app for YunoHost . The app is updated to version 1.7.10 ,released on 12 August 2018.

About webtrees

Webtrees is the web’s leading on-line collaborative genealogy application. It is open source software, and costs $ zero - yes, that means totally FREE!

It works from standard GEDCOM files, and is therefore compatible with every major desktop application; and it aims to be efficient and effective by using the right combination of third-party tools, design techniques and open standards.

GEDCOM was developed by the Family History Department of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (LDS Church) to provide a flexible, uniform format for exchanging computerized genealogical data. GEDCOM is an acronym for GE nealogical D ata COM mmunication. Its purpose is to foster the sharing of genealogical information and the development of a wide range of inter-operable software products to assist genealogists, historians, and other researchers.

webtrees makes extensive use of the the near-universal standard for recording Family History known as a GEDCOM file.

This app has following features:

• Install
  • Remove
  • Upgrade
  • Backup
  • Restore
  • Multi-instance

Please feel free to test and open an issues here.

4 Likes

J’ai fais la mise à jour en interne vers la version 1.7.11, tous les checks sont passés verts :slight_smile:

1 Like

Webtrees have been updated to version 1.7.11 and important security fix. Please update ASAP.

You can update from admin interface or by command line with following command.

$ yunohost app upgrade -u https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/Webtrees_ynh webtrees

Hi @mrmars

There is a security fix in nginx file. Please update from command line or admin interface once even if you have updated to 1.7.11 manually.

Hello @kanhu
In the Install, no password is required.

But, in the first use, we need a password. :confused:

You will get email with admin username and password to login into Webtrees. Please check your admin email account for the email.

Thanks

1 Like

thanks, job done :slight_smile:

i’ve noticed in the upgrade script (and install too) there is

sudo chmod -R 777 $final_path/data

but some folders and files created after the installation got there permissions set to 755.
These permissions have been changed after the upgrade, so perhaps there is surely something to do for these folders and files:

/data/cache
/data/html_purifier_cache
/data/media
/data/tmp
/data/config.ini.php
/data/tree1-date.ged

You are right. This was there in the old documents of Webtrees. This should not be there. I will change it to 700, which would stop the access of other files too.

Thanks

In fact, no mail.

SMTP_host : localhost. Not possible for me, webtrees is in sub.domain.tld, but, my FTP is in domain.tld

So, I modify in database temp my login. Failure. :confused:

I go work, see you

@FugazziPL

You are right I forgot to add mail dependency for the package. I will add it till you come home back. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice ! Can you tell me, when you did it ? :smiley:

So, I’ll try again to install. :slight_smile:

Sorry, I could not update it while your day was over(I was stuck up with an important work). But now I have updated the package. Most probably you should receive an email with username and password. And the permission fix that @mrmars mentioned has been fixed too.

This didn’t work for me, get me back to previous version.

yunohost app upgrade webtrees -u GitHub - YunoHost-Apps/webtrees_ynh: Webtrees package for YunoHost

Here is the log
https://paste.yunohost.org/raw/eqehovonay

Strange nginx gave error. I am not facing any problem while upgrade.

Can you try again and and if upgrade fails please show the output of journalctl -xe .

Removed the app and done a fresh install doen’t work anymore…will try to figure it out later.

Really. What version of yunohost are you? In your upgrade nginx was giving error. Is this same for fresh install. The app is multi-instance. You can restore the previous instance and try the fresh install other domain for test. Thanks for helping to improve the app.

@mrmars

I forgot to ask. Are you installing the app on root path or sub-path eg. domain.tld or domain.tld/webtrees ?

yunohost v3.2
always tried on domain.tld/webtrees (will post fresh install log later in the day)

will try fresh install on another domain or path too

journal -xe output after “yunohost app install webtrees”
https://paste.yunohost.org/akohevosuc.go

perhaps something to do with “systemctl reload php5-fpm”

I have got the bug. I am fixing it right now. Installation is failling when the app is installed on the sub-path like domain.tld/webtrees.