[Webmin] Web based Admin interface

I am pleased to bring the Webmin app for the Yunohost back to life.

Webmin is a web-based interface for system administration for Unix. Using any modern web browser, you can setup user accounts , DNS , file sharing and much more. Webmin removes the need to manually edit Unix configuration files like /etc/passwd , and lets you manage a system from the console or remotely .

Install the app by web-admin interface or by this command:

$ yunohost app install https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/webmin_ynh

Note: This app has root access which can change core things in the system, thus breaking the YunoHost . Use it carefully and read the documets two times before chaning values.

3 Likes

Webmin has been updated with a security fix.

UPDATE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
If you have installed Webmin in last few days your server is at great risk as the Wemin is open to the web through port 10000. Any one can access your root.
The fix closes the port thus removing this vulnerability.

Hello all,

I just updated Webmin and saw some strange things in the logs. Please see here:

https://paste.yunohost.org/raw/uxuwadasik

There are some warnings that this IP 179.43.160.234 was connected as root during installation?? Or is it something that I cannot understand?

Thanks

Hi,

The terminal in Webmin has stopped working from several version ago. When I needed to run a few commands I used the Command Shell option, but it’s not as flexible as the terminal.

When I open it it stays on “CONNECTING” forever.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi,
I have the same problem on my yunohost server. Please is anyone able to help us?

So when I go into “Terminal” under “Tools” in Webmin I get this error:
Failed loading terminal : WebSocket connection error

Yes, I can reproduce this. I get the same message. Too bad, but not a big problem. A terminal with SSH is only two clicks away :wink:

This is what I see in the console:

And clicking it takes me to that line, 168

Webmin NGINX config as changed as followed:

you can test by changing Webmin NGINX config accordingly or upgrade the app from the testing branch

Well, I simply upgraded the app from Yunohost admin to 2.104~ynh2 and the terminal loads fine.