Webbrowser as an app

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Old laptop or computer / Raspberry Pi at home
YunoHost version: 3.7
I have access to my server : Through the webadmin | direct access
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

I want to provide a more powerful server where people (family first, friends) can log on using old machines with a browser. They will be able to use several apps and learn how to use new apps and applications.

One application I miss is a browser from within the server environment. I want to be able to prepare and control the browser they use, specify extensions and for instance make sure downloads stay on the server. I know, it sound a bit strange at first, to use a browser to access a browser remotely.

Edit:

I want someone (with an old or restricted browser) to log in to my Yunohost-server and use the applications I provide, from within the Yunohost-server. So whatever they do, it’s done on the server.

It’s a bit similar to having an email client on the YunoHost-server. Of course, you can have that client set up on your (local) computer. But on the server, I - as admin - control it.
Same with the browser.

Is there a way to get this done?

Thanks!

Hello @python4osint I don’t understand, especially I don’t understand link in server and browser…

As I understand it, yes it’s possible to navigate in YunoHost server with browser but it’s the rest I don’t understand…

I want someone (with an old or restricted browser) to log in to my Yunohost-server and use the applications I provide, from within the Yunohost-server. So whatever they do, it’s done on the server.

It’s aa bit similar to having an email client on the server. Of course, you can have that client set up on your (local) computer. But on the server, I - as admin - control it.
Same with the browser.

Even if old and an uncertain state, you may be interested by this app https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/osjs_ynh

That looks still quite okay, but even here a separate browser application is the missing component.
The big advantage of YunoHost is that everything is stored and accessible. Plus of course user management.

Then I guess a solution type remote desktop would be more suitable for you.
Not sure we have any app that does that.
I don’t know what kind of solution is available on headless server.

I think apache guacamole could do the job. But unfortunately, it’s not packaged yet for yunohost.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.