Webadmin error 500 while creating new user with accents in name

Hi,
after setup yunohost i am unable to create new users.

Help me out.

Thank you for your support.

Maybe another process was still busy. The web interface can not (as far as I know) do two things in parallel (ie, start something here, go back a page, and start something else).

If that is not the case, did you try restarting the server?

Hallo wbk.
i start the Server several times, allways the same error.

I think it is a new installation, and this is your first user? Do you have SSH access?
If so, what does it say when you log in as admin, and run

$ sudo yunohost user create paul

Which version of Yunohost? You can find it in the first section of the diagnosis.

Is there an accent or umlaut in the users’s name? Not in the user field per se, also check first name and last name.

Thank you,

you are right i used an umlaut in the last name.

The proof of the eating is in the pudding as they say, did you try rewriting the umlaut?

Hi wbk,
after rewritng the umlaut i got the same issue.

Who can help me to delete the DynDNS adress pk.noho.st ?

Thank you for your support!

BR
Paul

That is a pity :frowning: I have no further idea.

In your first post you write that applications also give an error, is that still the case?

You just installed, at about the time the last version of Yunohost got released. Are there any updates available for your installation, and does the diagnosis give any warnings?
Maybe something went wrong during the installation?

I don’t know about the noho.st domains, I think someone picks up that thread once in a while.

Hi paulk, did this happend when using a local letter outside A-Z in the name?

Hi Tomas.
yes it Happens with letters outside A-Z.

BR
Paul

Ok, same problem here. Im not sure if this is a new problem or not, I just noted it today when testing YH 4.3 with Swedish letters.
I have tested to set my locals differently but that did not work. Maybe somone can spread some light on this. :slight_smile:

Looks like it’s an issue with the webadmin.

1. Creating/updating users in the CLI works: yunohost user update theusername -f FIRST -l NÅME works
  2. Creating a USERNAME with FIRST and last NÅME, or any kind of accents, leads to the error you mentioned above.
The API log does not seem very talkative.
#/var/log/yunohost/yunohost-api.log
2021-11-11 18:47:28,114 DEBUG    geventwebsocket.handler (unknown function) - Initializing WebSocket
2021-11-11 18:47:28,115 DEBUG    geventwebsocket.handler (unknown function) - Validating WebSocket request
2021-11-11 18:47:28,116 DEBUG    geventwebsocket.handler (unknown function) - Attempting to upgrade connection
2021-11-11 18:47:28,116 DEBUG    geventwebsocket.handler (unknown function) - WebSocket request accepted, switching protocols
2021-11-11 18:47:28,177 DEBUG    geventwebsocket.handler (unknown function) - Initializing WebSocket
2021-11-11 18:47:28,178 DEBUG    geventwebsocket.handler (unknown function) - Validating WebSocket request
2021-11-11 18:47:28,178 DEBUG    geventwebsocket.handler (unknown function) - Can only upgrade connection if using GET method.
2021-11-11 18:47:28,184 INFO     geventwebsocket.handler (unknown function) - 127.0.0.1 - - [2021-11-11 18:47:28] "PUT /users/theusername HTTP/1.1" 500 885 0.006729

Edit: I have just realized you have revived an old thread whose logs do not exist any more. I will split and open a new thread.

2 Likes

Hi Tomas,
I think it is since the Last Update. Bevore i did not have Problems with the German Umlaut.

BR
Paul

1 Like

Iv also noted that user account passwords cant have other letters.

FYI I have created a related issue on Github: Accents in user first or last name crashes the webadmin · Issue #1925 · YunoHost/issues · GitHub

2 Likes

Should be fixed with new version of the moulinette package

3 Likes

After today’s update and a reboot it seems to be working fine now.
Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.