Very slow internet results in many apps not installing due to timeouts

My YunoHost server

Hardware: self hosted Server rack / Old laptop or computer / Raspberry Pi 3 at home /
YunoHost version: multiple.
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin | direct access via keyboard / screen | …
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : yes
If yes, please explain: all apps run locally and are not availible outside of lan, all run under .local domains.

Description of my issue

Currently am facing this issue most persistently with Kimai2, but it crops up with every other app I attempt to install. I have a slow internet connection. I almost always have to attempt to install an application multiple times because the built in time out limitations are far to low. Sometimes making a local clone of the yunohost app repo helps, but if there are dependencies that need to be fetched from the internet (like with composer or from pypy or whatever) then it does not matter.

Is there a flag I can set or an option I can toggle or just, something I can do to get yunohost to realize I have a shitty internet connection, and that just because it takes an hour to download a tiny dependency file does not mean it has timed out, it just means the internet gods are being cruel?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.