Update to yunohost 2.4 / debian jessie failed - [Update] Database migration not working

When you do sudo mysql -u root -p the mysqld need to be running. There are some errors but a the end it is write :

[Note] mysqld: ready for connections.

You can tr to check if your conf are different of official conf with:

yunohost service regen-conf

I don’t know exactly how to help you about this corrupted mysql database. May be you can try this ?
https://wiki.labriqueinter.net/doku.php/howto:fix_self_corrupt_mysql

When you do sudo mysql -u root -p the mysqld need to be running. There are some errors but a the end it is write :

[Note] mysqld: ready for connections.

I only have this message:

ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock’ (2)

No feedback from this command :frowning:

I will take a look, thanks a lot for your time and help ! :slight_smile:

Great news ! :slight_smile:
It worked !

Oh in fact this kind of command where not working:

in another one, get the list of tables to fix

myisamchk -a *.MYI | grep error

But I just did this one:

dpkg-reconfigure mysql-server-5.5

And everything is fine now :slight_smile:
I just have owncloud that is still not working :confused:
But well, I have a backup of the files, so I could just reinstall it.

Well everything is working, but it seems to still use --skip-grant-tables option, and it do not allow to install a new app using the database.
Or in fact I can install it, but it raise this warning message saying that this option prevent it from creating a database.

And after a while, the issue rehappear, I need to restart mysql (using this option).

I confirm, every X hours (seems like it’s done when I stop using it) I need to kill mysql process (still running) and restart it.
I don’t understand why it stops working.

I could correct it by using a cron task to relaunch it from time to time, but I’m sure there is a smarter solution. Any idea ? :slight_smile:

May be you should

• dump your databases
  • reinstall mysql completely
  • regenerate mysql conf
  • restore your databases

?
Or you can read logs to understand why at this hour it fails.

So in fact it stops when I close my terminal - even if the process is still there.
I separated it using tmux, no error.

I think it’s better to clean it indeed.
Do you know how to do that ? (tutorial ?)