Unable to install yunohost on old hardware

My YunoHost server

Hardware: old board, to be very specific a Via EPIA-SP mini ITX
YunoHost version: 4.1.8
I have access to my server : direct access via keyboard / screen
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

I’m trying to install yunohost on this old board to give it a second life, this is the first time I’m doing it on this hardware. Usually when I install yunohost, I start with a debian and then install yunohost on it. So this is what I did, installed debian 10.9.0-i386, but then when running curl https://install.yunohost.org | bash the install started, asked me lots of unusual questions about LDAP, and in the end failed (sorry I didn’t keep the logs).
So I decided to try to install yunohost directly from an iso image, I got the last 32bit image, flashed it to a usb, booted the computer and got to the screen to choose text mode or graphical mode.
When choosing graphical mode, there was an error, a blinking log saying some buffer was missing and graphical install couldn’t start. So I tried text install, and got basically the same without message this time: a blinking underscore, I even left it on for an hour to see if time would help but it didn’t.

I’m wondering if it’s because I have only 512MB of RAM, I remember having some issues when trying to install yunohost on a 512MB RAM virtual machine.

Well I don’t know, I was posting here just in case someone have a suggestion maybe :slight_smile:

P.D. I feel like I’m asking a lot of questions recently, I feel sorry for not having been able to contribute as much as yunohost gave me. I’m really thankful to all the contributors who spend time making yunohost and helping on this forum, and I hope I can give this back some day. :heart:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.