The language barrier

Yesterday we discussed about this topic and the forum during the contributors meeting, and we decided to add the module to force users to indicate the content language of their message. English or French users would be able to indicate languages they want to see in their account. We probably open the forum to new language in future if we found some people to read and answer regularly to this topic.

All users are encouraged to ask for support in english if they can, in order to help YunoHost to be adopted in other languages. However, as YunoHost wants to be usable for a general public, we think it’s important to let users to choice to speak or read an other language than english if they need to.

On my side, sometimes i wrote a part of message in english and the other part in french, it’s not voluntary, it’s just sometimes, i have phone or discussion in french in the same time i answer to your topic. Feel free to ask for a translation, or use deepl in that case.

Core PR are all in english. About issues, about 20 issues on 500 currently opened are in french, feel free to contribute if someone wants to take time to translate it (or simply close it if the issue is fixed…). Code comments and translation string are in english too.

I don’t watch status about apps packaging PR and issues language.

About documentation, feel free to contribute to this topic if you found some doc unavailable in english by giving some link and say the english translation is missing:

2 Likes