[Synapse] Coturn's complaining about missing dh parameters

Hardware: Raspberry Pi at home
YunoHost version: 3.7.X
I have access to my server : Through SSH
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : yes (but unrelated)

Description of my issue:

It is in my understanding that when installing synapse, the install script checks if a dh.pem exists in /etc/matrix-synapse/ and if not creates one.
The README.MD of synapse_ynh even advice to create this file beforehand in case you’re using a low powered arm board.

The problem is when casually checking my syslog I noticed that coturn was complaining of missing the dh parameters file:

May 17 18:45:02 "my-domain" turnserver[6531]: Cannot open DH file: No such file or directory

I checked in /etc/matrix-synapse/coturn.conf and I believe I found the issue in the dh-file line:

dh-file=/etc/matrix-synapse/domain.tld.tls.dh

So it seems to me that coturn expect the dh parameters file to be name following this pattern: domain.tld.tls.dh (which would be weird as it would be the first time encounter a dh file with such extension) or the dh-file line is incorrect…

Anyway, if you guys have any idea
Cheers,

Thank, to report this issue. I’ll fix this confusing issue.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.