"Some DNS records are missing or incorrect for domain" following relocation

Hi there,

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Raspberry Pi 4 Model B
YunoHost version: 4.4.2.13 (stable)
I have access to my server : Through SSH
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

I recently relocated to another country.
Today, I can finally re-use my home server, but I am facing some issues with the DNS:

:x: Some DNS records are missing or incorrect for domain xx.ynh.fr (category basic)

This domain's DNS configuration should automatically be managed by YunoHost. If that's not the case, you can try to force an update using yunohost dyndns update --force.
The following DNS record does not seem to follow the recommended configuration:
Type: A
Name: @
Current value: 78.102.28.71
Expected value: 85.81.39.191

:x: Some DNS records are missing or incorrect for domain xx.ynh.fr (category mail)

This domain's DNS configuration should automatically be managed by YunoHost. If that's not the case, you can try to force an update using yunohost dyndns update --force.
Type: TXT
Name: mail._domainkey
Current value: "v=DKIM1; h=sha256; k=rsa; p=MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQDQABkfrumQx84yZVusAwTCkQ55JLr09BzOlj8+K+wCaDqBwVQ7bScJkv5UfSVPB1SFaStoMi6E72xUB9Wa6xcui5ZwaRmBD1xKzZMpa8D0xNyTMe3cZLuCVYv1LXEwaby65in35wQz9BJCI2yYMRxbPg4+9KAOJ4PpiNyls7PNMwIDAQAB"
Expected value: "v=DKIM1; h=sha256; k=rsa; p=MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQDBXk2hT2Qye5uvwoVg7U4DC5cTYK+UtcTqAPMMIf/EzJMqtriFAjreEDkkpZCh1eCNWG2V1vPdjj2UWeGdXqA3DzGoPnRT2fDxWbQtyO+qhtm6CvlofsciiEs7qCBNKoyjDA3bPGaOxvRRocBbiouK7tOIeFn5OdjjWh/IGW9skwIDAQAB"

:white_check_mark: DNS records are correctly configured for domain xx.ynh.fr (category xmpp)
:x: Some DNS records are missing or incorrect for domain xx.ynh.fr (category extra)

Type: A
Name: *
Current value: 78.102.28.71
Expected value: 85.81.39.191

Then, I try to follow the instructions, but:

root@xx:~# yunohost dyndns update --force
Error: No domain registered with DynDNS

I saw in a topic that I am supposed to ask for deletion of my domain:

Questions:

• Can you confirm if, in this specific case, it makes sense to delete my domain or if there is another way around?
  • If my domain is deleted, can I request the same one after? If so, right after or only after a certain time?
  • Will there be any impact on my server? (data not accessible, for example?)

Thanks a lot for your help!

Thibaut

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.