SOLVED Some packages were inadvertendly installed from a third-party repository called Sury

Hi all!

YunoHost version: 4.0.8
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin | direct access via keyboard
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

Since a system upgrade, I got the following warning from the diagnostic:

Some system packages should be downgraded

Some packages were inadvertendly installed from a third-party repository called Sury. The Yunohost team improved the strategy that handle these packages, but it’s expected that some setups that installed PHP7.3 apps while still on Stretch have some remaining inconsistencies. To fix this situation, you should try running the following command: apt install --allow-downgrades libssl1.1=1.1.1d-0+deb10u3 libssl-dev=1.1.1d-0+deb10u3

Beside this warning, everything’s working fine.

Should I downgrade as it is recommended?

Thanks for your feedback!

Yes :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

To elaborate a bit : your system is probably fine, but we’ve seen many issues during app install because of libssl packages installed from Sury … and we now have a mechanism preventing libssl from being installed from Sury … But older installations may still have this package installed from Sury, which is why it’s good to downgrade to the “regular / Debian-vanilla” version of the package, just so all Yunohost instances are consistent

Ok. I’ve just done it. Nothing has changed. Everything’s still working fine!
Thanks anyway. This diagnostic tool is really cool btw.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.