(Solved / résolu) Erreur lors de la MAJ de Nextcloud / Error when updating Nextcloud (24.0.7 => 26.0.2)

Hello !

Je suis Français but I speak English too.

Hardware: VPS Contabo
YunoHost version: 11.1.21.2
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : minor stuffs (removed the yuno square nginx/conf.d/yunohost_panel.conf.inc, modified wordpress php conf, autthorize root connexion)

Je tente de mettre à jour NextCloud, de 24.0.7-ynh1 à 26.0.2-ynh2, mais erreur interne Yuno.

I’m trying to update NextCloud from 24.0.7-ynh1 to 26.0.2-ynh2, but Yuno said internal error.

Logs (2 attempts):
https://paste.yunohost.org/raw/owuberecag
https://paste.yunohost.org/raw/uzijejaqof

Thanks for your help.
Mercci de votre aide.

Server said:

Mise à jour de nextcloud…
Loading installation settings…
Ensuring downward compatibility…
Backing up the app before upgrading (may take a while)…
Upgrading dependencies…
Making sure dedicated system user exists…
Upgrading PHP-FPM configuration…
Upgrading NGINX web server configuration…
The service nginx has correctly executed the action reload-or-restart.
Another app already uses the domain cloud.adn.ovh to serve a caldav/carddav feature. You may encounter issues when dealing with your calendar or address book.
Upgrading Nextcloud…
Upgrade to nextcloud 25.0.0
‘/tmp/tmp.JaRLD6y6wV’ wasn’t deleted because it doesn’t exist.
Nextcloud or one of the apps require upgrade - only a limited number of commands are available
You may use your browser or the occ upgrade command to do the upgrade
Nextcloud or one of the apps require upgrade - only a limited number of commands are available
Starting …
0/0 [>---------------------------] 0% Starting …
0/0 [->--------------------------] 0% Starting …
Upgrade to nextcloud 26.0.0
‘/tmp/tmp.c5yh0zLGsN’ wasn’t deleted because it doesn’t exist.
0/0 [—>------------------------] 0%Nextcloud or one of the apps require upgrade - only a limited number of commands are available
Starting …
0/0 [>---------------------------] 0% Starting …
0/0 [->--------------------------] 0% Starting …
Upgrade to nextcloud 26.0.2
‘/tmp/tmp.pmBGkuTm2Q’ wasn’t deleted because it doesn’t exist.
0/0 [—>------------------------] 0%Nextcloud or one of the apps require upgrade - only a limited number of commands are available
Reconfiguring Nextcloud…
File /var/www/nextcloud/config/config.php has been manually modified since the installation or last upgrade. So it has been duplicated in /var/cache/yunohost/appconfbackup//var/www/nextcloud/config/config.php.backup.20230612.044651
[Error] Upgrade failed.
45264 Load smb config files from /etc/samba/smb.conf
45268 Loaded services file OK.
45269 Weak crypto is allowed
45269 Server role: ROLE_STANDALONE
The app was restored to the way it was before the failed upgrade.
Impossible de mettre à jour nextcloud : Une erreur s’est produite durant l’exécution du script de mise à niveau de l’application

Try to deactivate Mail app before upgrading

App "Mail" cannot be installed because it is not compatible with this version of the server.

In the NextCloud docker image, they disable EVERY application before upgrade, then re-enable those compatible.
This way, the upgrade will work, but you can loose an app.

Does it mean Mail app won’t work with the 26th version ? Or will the Mail app need to be updated after the main installation of the 26th version ?
Otherwise is there a new mail client inside Nextcloud ? I would be surprised if this function is no longer supported, but I need to know it before updating.

I don’t know, so I google searched for you :slightly_smiling_face: https://apps.nextcloud.com/apps/mail

1 Like

OK so I’ve tried anyway the Ericg’s solution and it works:

1. Desactivate + delete Mail App from the Nextcloud admin acount
  2. then update NC from 24 to 26
  3. Then re-download Mail (which I haven’t tried in its new version but I reckon it works), which jumped from 1.14 to 3.xx version, that may explain the main update problem (?)

Anyway for a noob like me that’s sounds a bit silly that the main update can’t do the Apps update directly. It would had probably worked if my updates was more frequent (update Mail in the 25th version maybe ?), but still…
I don’t know if this has to be imputed to Yuno or NC, but this is exactly the kind of hassles why so many of my friends having websites and need web services still don’t jump on self-hosting / open source solutions…

Anyway bis, both NC and Yuno are superb solutions, teams do a great job, I had a super fast answer, it works now, so far so good ! :wink:

Yes that’s what I did too right after my message, thus I decided to update the way you said. .-)

Thanks again !

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.