[SOLVED] Error when syncing Nextcloud android app

Hardware: VPS bought online ( Contabo )
YunoHost version: 4.2.6.1
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Hello everyone!

I’m trying to sync my android Nextcloud app with my YUNOHOST Nextcloud app, but I keep receiving this error:

Malformed server configuration

I’ve checked the Nextcloud forum and their github page, but no one seem to have a clu about it.

Has anyone else encountered this same issue here and managed to solve it?

Looking forward to your help. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi there,

Can you share more details please? For example , what form does the path has? is it domain.tld/nextcloud ?

Are you putting this into your android app? Do you have any other settings enabled ie 2FA etc?

1 Like

Thank you very much for your reply.

Yes.

I am, but I’ve also tried with the QR code, to avoid typos.
Didn’t work neither though.

Nope.

Any more details I should share?

Hi
Try nextcloud app dev for Android or iOS.
It’s ok

I am also experiencing this same issue with a fresh install of Yunohost, then installed the Nextcloud app, then tried both Android Nextcloud apps (regular and dev). Both gave the same issue. My Nextcloud is on a domain like https://some.tld/nextcloud/

I also noticed I can not use the webdav access to Nextcloud as my file browser (Thunar) rejects it when it is redirected to the Yunohost login page.

Same. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

When you add the account in the app you input the user (admin) name, correct? ie holdmygin @ holdmygin/nextcloud

Have you given external access to Nexcloud in the web admin page (visitors user group)?

I haven’t been asked to input the user (admin) name.

When I start the app and click login, I’m requested for the server address.
So, on my Nextcloud web I go to Setting → Security and add a new device.
Then, I scan the related QR code through my phone, which “gives” the server address to the app.
Eventually, the app loads for a few seconds before giving me the error mentioned in the first post.

I hope I explained all the passages clearly enough.
Please let me know if you have any doubts.

Firstly please verify that you have given access from the yunohost web admin to Nextcloud visitors group.

Then the only thing you should do is just to insert the info to the app and follow the instructions there and if i remember correctly the app loads the webpage to indeed add the device.

1 Like

Done.
It worked.
Thank you very much. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You are welcome! Please mark the thread as SOLVED :slight_smile:

1 Like

Merci bcp !

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.