[SnappyMail] Lightweight webmail

SnappyMail for YunoHost

Overview

Simple, modern, lightweight & fast web-based email client. The drastically upgraded & secured fork of RainLoop Webmail Community edition.

Shipped version: 2.16.1~ynh1

Demo: https://snappymail.eu/demo/

Documentation and resources

2 Likes

ok, upgraded to testing version, infinite loop is gone.

(for info , the command line :
sudo yunohost app upgrade snappymail -u GitHub - YunoHost-Apps/snappymail_ynh at testing
)

2 Likes

Yep, the infinite loop is gone. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thx for giving an alternative to Rainloop :slight_smile:
But sadly, I’ve not found the Sieve filter menu. May be soon ?

Thx in advance !

Yes I miss the filtering to.

Dj

Hello everyone,

To have the filters you have to configure SIEVE in Domains in the Administration Panel as application administration

Translated with www.deepl.com

2 Likes

Hey, don’t see any SIEVE administration panel.
Where do you find it ? In yunohost user panel ? In snappymail user panel ?
Yunohost admin panel ? (not useful for users… when they are not ‘admin’)

Thx.

The SIEVE configuration is in the SnappyMail admin panel which you can find at
<your-snappymail-url>/?admin.

Just add or edit a domain and allow sieve scripts. This will add a Filters tab to the user panel of SnappyMail.

This is how it looks in English:

1 Like

It looks like interesting !
Now I’ve to find how to log in as ‘admin’ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: with TOTP. My Yunohost admin user account doesn’t work.

Thx all :slight_smile:

Hi @mib does this port have to be open on our router or is this an internal port?

Dj

Hello,
no I did not open this port in the configuration of the firewall of yunohost and my router

Great. Thanks for the reply

Dj

hello,
do you know how i can get OTPT code ?
i am admin.

thanks

1 Like

I think you need to open/redirect if you need to use it from the outside of your LAN :wink:

Did you find it out in the meantime?

In case you never used the SnappyMail admin account so far, the “Disclaimers / important information” on GitHub - YunoHost-Apps/snappymail_ynh: SnappyMail package for YunoHost may be helpful. You can leave the TOTP field empty as long as 2FA isn’t enabled.

Thx about ‘admin’ account, it’s ok :slight_smile:

It can be cool to connect to Nextcloud Contacts :wink:

thanks !

Thanks @ericg for this Rainloop alternative.

I’m confused with the contacts menu. I used to work with an CardDAV address book (Nextcloud contacts app) with Rainloop.

I can’t find this menu with Snappy Mail. In the admin panel there is a Contact menu. The storage parameters do not work out of the box. host=127.0.0.1;port=3306;dbname=snappymail with root

1. Do I need this to be configured to access CardDAV contacts ?
  2. How I’m supposed to configure the database ?

We are using sqlite as a database for Snappymail. There is a branch installing mysql but the configuration file as to be done manually…

The branch I’m using is packaged by Yunohost. I did not set any database configuration manually for SnappyMail. So I don’t understand which user and password I’m supposed to use for the snappy mail database.