Since there is something wrong with Bullsey in the Update

Da bei mir beim Ubdate was falsch ist bei Bullsey

Something went wrong with my update. Had no internet for a long time, I downloaded my data from someone. Now I have internet again, which works. :blush: I’m out of the clinic. I completely reset everything on my server. I’ve reinstalled everything now, yes. How do I start uploading a packed package of 120 GB via rsync. Since I’ve never done this before. Can anyone tell me how to do this. Can someone describe to me how I can get the package that I downloaded from the archive into the new archive.

Da bei mir beim Update etwas falsch gelaufen ist. Eine ganze Zeit kein Internet hatte, habe ich mir meine Daten bei jemandem heruntergeladen.
Jetzt habe ich wieder Internet, was geht. :blush: Ich bin aus der Klinik. Ich habe komplett alles auf meinem Server zurückgesetzt.
Ich habe jetzt alles neu installiert, doch. Wie fange ich an per rsync ein gepacktes Paket von 120 GB wieder hoch zuladen. Da ich das noch nie gemacht habe. Wer kann mir mal einen Weg dazu beschreiben.
Kann mir jemand hierzu den Weg beschreiben, wie ich das Paket, was aus dem Archiv heruntergeladen habe, in das neue Archiv bekomme.

Hello !
If you’re only trying to transfer your (backup?) archive from your local computer to your hosted server (distant then?), I think better than rsync : scp would be the best (as long as you have ssh access)

for instance, with a local archive “backup.tar.gz” in your working directory from a GNU\linux computer to a distant server with “hostname.tld” with yunohost :

scp backup.tar.gz admin@hostname.tld:/home/yunohost.backup/archives/

Or with rsync, it would be something like :

rsync -Pazve -e ssh /local/path/to/your/archives/ admin@hostname.tld:/home/yunohost.backup/archives/

Résumé

with options meaning :

-a : archive mode (include a lot of default common options, including preserving symlinks)
-z : compress
-v : verbose : show files
-P : show progess as files done/remaining files
-e ssh : do rsync in ssh protocol

hope it helps !

2 Likes
  • Listenelement

Thank you very much
I have it all! Do I have to unpack it on the home computer?
dankeschön
Ich habe das ganze so! Muss ich das entpacken auf dem Homecomputer ?

Hello!
No just use the scp command I gave you (twice if you have 2 archives), if these are yunohost’s backups il will be able to manage them.

If those are “manual” archives, you will be able to unpack them with the “tar” command through ssh on the remote server.

1 Like

What do you mean please? I didn’t understand that now. One thing is just that with all the domains. But after I no longer have mobile data, but a real Internet connection, I downloaded the other completely again and that’s almost 120 GB, so it’s two to the basic system, almost 2-3 GB and then the complete 120 GB

Wie meinen Sie das bitte? ich habe das jetzt nicht verstanden. Eins ist nur das mit den ganzen Domains. Doch nachdem ich kein Mobilfunk Daten mehr habe, sondern eine richtige Internetverbindung hatte ich das andere komplett nochmal heruntergeladen und das sind knapp 120 GB daher sind es zwei einmal zum Grundsystem knapp 2-3 GB und dann das Komplette von 120 GB`

Hello.

What I meant was, do not unpack the backup archives on your home computer but transfer them with the SCP command.
There is no need to unpack backup archives, yunohost knows how to handle them, don’t try to “put an archive into another archive” juste use both as sources for restoration once you have transferred them to your new server.

1 Like

Unfortunately that doesn’t work. I’ll erase everything again and reinstall.
So the basic system. Let’s see that I try to upload everything in one go before I’m out of the terminal

Leider klappt das nicht. Ich werde abermals alles löschen und erneut aufspielen.
Also das Grundsystem. Mal schauen, dass ich alles direkt in einem Versuche, bevor ich aus dem Terminal raus bin alles hochzuladen

can you be more specific ? What “doesn’t work” : The transfer ? the restore ?
I don’t think I understood your problem well at first, I guess… :frowning:

1 Like

I can’t find my archive where I can bring the whole thing into the archive via SCP.
Therefore I have now created a domain to find an archive now or what has been or will be created. So I’m looking for the archive now or I’m creating it again

Ich finde mein Archiv nicht, wo ich das Ganze in das Archiv über SCP einbringen kann.
Daher habe ich jetzt eine Domain anlegt, um ein Archiv jetzt zu finden oder was angelegt worden ist oder wird. Ich suche also das Archiv jetzt oder lege ich das jetzt neu an

did you try ?

ls /home/carabelloy/Downloads

Because “naming” the file isn’t a command, (like you did).
If it is (assuming that is where you sent it with your scp command.

and transfer it to /home/yunohost.backup/archives with :

mv /home/carabelloy/Downloads/20221006-154908.tar.gz /home/yunohost.backup/archives/

let us know what happens.

1 Like

No, it wouldn’t upload at all. Hence the small screen.
I don’t understand if you can download it via admin panel. Why you didn’t install a hub for uploading.
I deleted everything again because I didn’t get to the server again via Terminal so I have to stay on it. It annoys me that it’s always closed. I’ll be happy if I get all this uploaded.

Nein, es ließ sich überhaupt nicht hochladen. Daher der kleine Screen.
Ich verstehe nicht, wenn man es über Admin Panel herunterladen kann. Wieso man keinen Hub zum Hochladen eingebaut hat.
Ich habe nochmal alles gelöscht da ich wieder über Terminal nicht auf den Server Kam also muss ich darauf bleiben. Das nervt mich genauso das es immer dicht ist. Ich bin froh wenn ich das alles hochgeladen bekomme.

What was the message when scp didn’t work?

Why are you loosing access and reinstall all the time ? this is not the way to solve your troubles :sweat_smile:
I think you’re missing some basic documentation reading.

We need more info to be able to help you, you should use the help template…
What is the computer you’re using as server?
Can you access it through ssh/webpanel/physical ?
How did you proceed with the install, versions…?

1 Like

This is a real server. Once you’ve installed it, you can’t get out of the terminal, otherwise you won’t be able to get to it. Can’t get you dialed in anymore. I guess through the software. So I would be happy if I could get it back on the server in the archive.

Das ist ein richtiger Server. Wenn du es installiert hast, darf man nicht aus dem Terminal raus, denn sonst kommst du nicht mehr darauf. Bekommst dich nicht mehr eingewählt. Ich schätze mal durch die Software. Daher wäre ich froh, wenn ich es wieder auf den Server ins Archive bekomme.

As you can see, I’m having trouble uploading the whole thing.
I can’t speak English and always have to translate everything.Wie du siehst, habe ich

Probleme, das ganze hochzuladen.
Ich kann kein Englisch und muss mir das alles immer übersetzen.

As you can see, I’m having trouble uploading the whole thing.
I can’t speak English and always have to translate everything.
thanks for the help

erledigt

hello, your server MUST be able to reach, not through virtual-terminal from your hosting provider but from SSH, if you cannot use ssh access, you will always be troubled with your server.

from your computer, find a ssh client (if you are running GNU\Linux OS, it will be pre-installed) and connect with the user “admin” and the password you have set during initial setup.

from there, we’ll see your other errors. but if you cannot connect to your server, there is nothing anyone can do to help you.
I am not english either, still trying to help you the best.

Why did you solve the topic with your answer, did you manage to do what you wanted ?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.