My YunoHost server
Hardware: Raspberry Pi at home
YunoHost version: 22.214.171.124
I have access to my server : Through SSH
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no
If yes, please explain:
Description of my issue
Hi, I recently install yunohost on a pi4 and I am very surprised and happy of the perf of this tiny server and the ease of deploying with yunohost (big thanks !).
I am testing backup restore to validate this point before really replacing important cloud services.
I have a sd card of 64Gb for the boot and /.
I have a 5Tb hard drive for the data.
I have ohter 5Tb hard drives for backup once a week.
Backup of data is working well with :
rsync -Hauvh --stats --info=progress2 /media/HOME/ /media/Backup/
I would like to have regular backup of the yunohost sd card, ideally everyday and everytime I am updating the config.
I tested 3 methods and 2 failed :-/ +> The method which is working is to use rpi-clone:
- install : Dupliquez la carte SD de votre Raspberry Pi avec rpi-clone - Framboise 314, le Raspberry Pi à la sauce française....
- So I plugged a 2nd sd card and clone on the fly.
- Then shut down, swap the card and boot
= it is working fine but it is not really practical.
→ I used dd to make an image of the sdcard on my external hdd.
- backup work fine with :
dd if=/dev/mmcblk0 | gzip > “$_file”
- I got the prompt at the end (1h) stating the cmd ended successfully
- I tried to restore with Etcher and it failed (I think it stated a spacement problem with blocks…?)
- I tried with USBimage and it flashed only the boot partition (so 450Mo on 19Go)
= I did not succeed to restore
→ I tried with the default backup system
- made a full backup (core + app) on my externat drive
- made a fresh install of yunohost on a new sdcard.
- when installation ended, I restored from the local archive.
- note that I was not able to follow exactly the guide:
Then, instead of yunohost tools postinstall you can run: yunohost backup restore
I follow the webui installation, maybe that explain my results.
= I had some trouble with the domain. During the install, yunohost asked me for a domain. I am using a ynh.fr and could not use my known domain with either option (I have a domain or I don’t have a domain). Some applications where displaying my real domain, some my fake one created for the restore installation.
= Jellyfin was broken. I though that I could maybe open the archive and copy files manually to fix it. I read the log and understood that there was a lot going on during the restore (no copy/paste, lot of complexe config)… I gave up
X> I haven’t tried the Archivist
X> I haven’t tried with Borg. Can I use it on a single config server ?
X> I haven’t tried Restic which have the status In Testing.
Sorry, it’s a long post but maybe it can also help other new yunohosters