Recent Wordpress V6 update has changed permissions?

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Other ARM board / …
YunoHost version: 4.3.6.3
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no
If yes, please explain:

Description of my issue

Hello everyone.

I have three websites on my server using WordPress which have given me trouble free services until a recent V6 update that was done through the YUNO web interface.

Now I have issues…

If I create a new post I can add pictures to my media library and they appear in the library. I can then add these images into my post in edit mode and they appear where they should.

However if I preview (Desktop) the images are missing. If I click on the space created for the image to open it I get a 403 error. (permissions error).

I’m just a user with some techie experiance so be kind.

Clearly something has happened on the update as I have a fourth site using pre V6 and that is still ok, I can upload to the media library, preview the image, select the image all good.

What I have noticed is that any pictures currently in the media library work fine, I can add those to my post and preview them no problem. When I upload a NEW image to the media library, it shows in the library, I can add it to the post that I’m editing but it will not show in preview and shows a 403 in the space where the NEW image should be.

Has anyone else seen this?
Can anyone help me fix this please?

I can use SSH so I’m ok about getting my hands dirty, a little…

Many thanks to you all

Dj

There are a known bug difficult to reproduce on wordpress package with media upload
See The new Wordpress update didn't fix the upload-media bug, and it also ported it to other working WP · Issue #173 · YunoHost-Apps/wordpress_ynh · GitHub

@ljf thanks very much. All working again

Dj

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.