[PixelFed] Photo sharing platform federated with ActivityPub

Yes. i had this issue when I used alt-text (which I no longer use, as this bug isn’t fixed :frowning: **)

I am a little confused here: did alt-text cause upload problems for you, or the issue that Pixelfed is overlayed by the YNH SSO on mobile?

Can the alt-text be disabled? I was hoping that a few dozen people will start using my instance of pixelfed, but explaining them all that alt-text can’t be used is going to be an issue.

The problem come from the limitation of the parameter “upload_max_filesize” in the php.ini file
To modifed it :

• Determined the php version in your yunohost instance go to /admin/services - for me php7.3-fpm
  • sudo vi /etc/php/7.3/fpm/php.ini
  • near the line 841, you find upload_max_filesize = 2M - i put 5M
  • save the file esc :x
  • reload the php.ini file - for me sudo systemctl restart php7.3-fpm.service

For your information : instead of using the command line, you can find these parameters directly in Pixelfed Admin settings. That’s handy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes I had an issue when I added alternative text to my images (in the process after uploading them), which then created the same error message you encountered. But it might not be related.

V 11.1 released please update

Ready to be tested :slight_smile:

sudo yunohost app install https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/pixelfed_ynh/tree/0.11.1
or
sudo yunohost app upgrade pixelfed -u https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/pixelfed_ynh/tree/0.11.1
1 Like

Feel free to ask in a nicer way next time…

3 Likes

Hi after updating and peeking into comments and when click on view replies on comments nothing happens? Not able to view the reply of comment ?

Also i see the little window that comes with emojis when i click on the emojis they don’t apply on the comment as well

Any idea how to fix this

How to update pixelfed to the latest dev commits on yunohost ??

You mean the master branch on pixelfed repository, or Yunohost latest version available ?

To master branch of pixelfed I understand it’s under different gits

Then you need to follow upgrade instructions provided for Pixelfed upgrade (the standard version, not Yunohost one).
Be aware that it might create some conflicts with Yunohost version. I don’t know how safe it is to upgrade manually like this…
If there were no major change, I suppose it should be fine. But no guarantees.

1 Like

FYI: Pixelfed v0.11.4 is out - Release v0.11.4 · pixelfed/pixelfed · GitHub
Needed to run upcoming mobile app :rocket:

For your information, we are following any new version release and there is now even an autoupdater bot (for people willing to test right away :wink:).
By the way we merged this new version, it should be available to everyone for a few days.

1 Like

Yeah I did notice that on git-page after posting, thanks!!

Je folow pour les news :slight_smile:

À vrai dire, déjà il n’y en a pas en ce moment (pas de nouvelle version), mais en plus je n’ai pas toujours le temps d’en faire :sweat_smile:

Since the last Pixelfed Update (0.11.4~ynh2, YunoHost 11.0.10.2 (stable)) I don’t receive notifications in the Pixelfed webUI anymore. I already asked in the Pixelfed Matrix chat and they told me that PHP 7.4 is deprecated and PHP 8.x would probably solve my problem.
Is here anyone with the same Problem?
Are there any plans to update the Pixelfed App to PHP 8.x?
Do you think PHP 8.x would solve my problem?

Classic answer, not very helping… it’s still working with Pixelfed and should be. This doesn’t help :confused:

We could migrate to php 8.x now that the upgrade to Debian 11 is available, but I’m not available to do it right now…

I don’t know but given how Pixelfed is broken…

Could you try to force an upgrade to the current version (yunohost app upgrade pixelfed --force) and see if this fixes the issue ?