PHP7.4 Doesn't start (Error: failed to get information for this service, it doesn't exists for systemd)

My YunoHost server

Hardware: amd64
YunoHost version: 4.3.6.2 (stable)
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : VPN connected

Description of my issue

PHP7.4 Doesn’t start (Error: failed to get information for this service, it doesn’t exists for systemd) this happened after the last update.

The last time it started succesfully was 52 years ago. Y2K compatibility? :woozy_face:

In my yunohost (raspberry, stable) php7.4-fpm was removed by an apt full-upgrade because it was not needed anymore

root@cybervalley:~# dpkg -l php7.4-fpm
Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
| Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
|/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
||/ Name           Version                                     Architecture Description
+++-==============-===========================================-============-===========================
rc  php7.4-fpm     7.4.27-1+0~20211220.57+debian10~1.gbp832572 armhf        server-side, HTML-embedded 

The server monitor gives an advice but everything seems to work normally

It’s probably due to a small bug where the service is not properly removed from Yunohost after it’s not needed anymore

This may happen for example if you remove an app that depended on 7.4, or if the app moved to a newer version of php such as 8.x

Anyway you can safely run yunohost service remove php7.4-fpm (contrarily to what you may think, it doesn’t uninstall anything, this just tell yunohost to stop assuming that php7.4 is installed)

That kind of situation should be handled better with Yunohost 11.x

3 Likes

I’m depending on it :frowning:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.