• Upgrade to synapse 1.11.0

New Testing available for Synapse

• 14 March 2020 #181
    • Upgrade to synapse 1.11.1
4 Likes

Upgrade to 1.11.0 smoothly :slight_smile:
Thanks !

1 Like

Hello, i installed synapse but isn’t working, on riot i get the error message: cannot reach home server. And on federation tester i get the connection error: Get https://mypublicip:8448/_matrix/key/v2/server: dial tcp mypublicip:8448: connect: connection refused

What’s wrong?
@Josue could you help me?

well, i think i’ll create a new topic under support.

For information it’s here : Failed to start synapse

New Testing available for Synapse

• 03 April 2020 #186
    • Use vector identity server to send email dans SMS
  • 03 April 2020 #175
    • Implement CAS - SSO
2 Likes

Do you think it is a good idea to notify YunoHost upgrades on « This Week In Matrix » posts ?
Like this one : Matrix.org - This Week in Matrix 2020-07-03

There is a Synapse Deployment part and I think YunoHost can gain some visibility.

I can push the info if you want (by sending a message on #twim:matrix.org ) next time there is a Synapse/Riot upgrade on YunoHost side.

I think of a message like that :

YunoHost

YunoHost is an operating system aiming for the simplest administration of a server, and therefore democratize self-hosting.

Synapse integration had been updated to 1.15.1
Riot Web integration had been updated to 1.6.6

4 Likes

Is this some spam ?
Looks like spam to me.

As this week there were synapse + riot upgrades in YunoHost, I just submitted a message for their weekly update.

Message sent :

YunoHost

YunoHost is an operating system aiming for the simplest administration of a server, and therefore democratize self-hosting.

Synapse integration had been updated to 1.15.2 (1.17.0 available in branch testing)
Riot Web integration had been updated to 1.6.8 (Element 1.7.1 available in branch element)

2 Likes

As I don’t think there is a topic for Riot.im/Element, I’ll post here :
Riot has been renamed as Element, so did the YunoHost application, but it seems that there are no migration available for this.

As this app only serve HTML/JS, I re-installed (in fact, I removed riot, created a new subdomain for element, installed it, and installed a redirection app in riot’s domain to redirect to Element).

It works perfectly :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for working on the app…with Signal thinking about going into the cryptocurrency business its nice to push the alternatives. :+1:

If the app installed without errors and users in different networks (one mobile, one at homenetwork) cant reach each others, where do i start to track the problem. I i understand correctly coturn should step in here?! I already opened ports 49153:49193. Both users connected to mobile network or same home network work fine…

cheers,
smithers

Hey there,

Is it safe to upgrade to 1.38.0 version? Because I’ve read that it breaks cryptography so that was the reason there was an almost immediate update to 1.38.1. YNH offers 1.38.0 currently.

Thanks

I am up to date and I did not see anything, but if it can cause problem, you can wait for next version.

hello,

it’s been days that my diagnosis says that the package Synapse is broken.

is it just me? does anyone know what would that mean?

You are not alone.
I do not really knows what triggers this message but evrything works fine on my server.

1 Like

same for me it seems.
fair enough then.
we will wait and see? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hello please read the full message :wink:

The package is broken… Upgrades are disabled.

The broken package is related to the new revision. So to not impact your server, upgrades are suspended.

1 Like

it’s that the reason why i’m now unable to install it on a new server?
here’s the log.

it is needed if i want to use matrix, right?

To use matrix you need a client: GitHub - YunoHost-Apps/element_ynh: Element package for YunoHost. If you want to host your own Matrix server you need Synapse (or Dendrite)

yes, i wanted to host my own matrix server, that’s why i was installing Synapse, but, as you can see from logs, the installation failed for some reason?