[My webapp] Empty application with SFTP access to the Web directory

On the upgrade logs I have these 2 lines:

2019-05-27 12:55:17,194 DEBUG    yunohost.hook hook_list - [12717.251] system hook folder not found for action 'post_app_upgrade' in /usr/share/yunohost/hooks/
2019-05-27 12:55:17,194 DEBUG    yunohost.hook hook_list - [12717.251] custom hook folder not found for action 'post_app_upgrade' in /etc/yunohost/hooks.d/

This just a static HTML file, an site seems to work fine.

My install is on a VPS.

Hello! I am need use this for migrate a wordpress of other host.

When i mount the app, i have the name of database auto, is possible rename database?

Thx

Hello,
Once the application is installed, you can, in my opinion, access the database, change its name, user, etc.
On the other hand, I thought there was a simpler way to migrate a Wordpress!

Thanks for information, i don’t have certain about this before of change, i asked before i change my data in phpmyadmin. for conclude not have other method of migration?

Hi,

I have migrated 7 Wordpress sites to my Yunohost. I use a plugin called backupbuddy It’s no free but there are free plugins available. I find it easier as it deals with all the change of urls, plugins configuration etc.
I recommend this method.

1 Like

Hello,
If you start a “Migrate wordpress” search on the forum, you will see a lot of discussion about it.
Perhaps mutual assistance would be more effective if you have specific questions that are not already covered elsewhere, by opening a topic according to the model !
Sorry for my English: French->English translation with https://www.deepl.com/translator#fr/
Bonne journée !

ok thx, i waiting for option, that not use plugin, and the metod normal, of extract database and upload database and files, how in host normal.

Thx

i too have problems with acess ssh and sftp. the ssh not work more root acess of Digital Ocean. And sftp i need of root too.

Really i have very problems, the phpmyadmin not work, not work import, and not work export i have this after export , and for import i have black area of php that display tables.

Hello update of my situation.

I see that is possible migration of my method, but i see few errors, in phpmyadmin the upload and export not work with zip file, just file .sql, and my users sftp not work for editable files e etc, i not understand of users, i need root e etc. I am use the terminal of Digital Ocean.

1. Other problem after migrate other page not work … i have>> 404 Not Found nginx blank page

Thx

I had the 404 error/white page too. From what I found (I’m fairly new to this) it happens when you move from LAMP to NGINX. I posted the method I used to fix it in another topic.

When I work on Wordpress, I temporarily give sftp access to root in sshd_config (I found the instructions here). It’s in French.

If you’re stuck send me a message and I’ll send you my step by step instructions.

New (big) testing available as I take over the maintenance of this app.

New testing release

1.0~ynh3 - 2020-01-01

Added

Changed

sudo yunohost app install https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/my_webapp_ynh/tree/testing --debug
or
sudo yunohost app upgrade my_webapp -u https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/my_webapp_ynh/tree/testing --debug
3 Likes

Thank you for this update!
I made the update, no problem so far apart from when I access the experimental features:

You can configure this app easily by using the experimental config-panel feature.
You can also find some specific actions for this app by using the experimental action feature.

I get the following errors:

Action

GET /apps//config-panel
 {"locale":"fr","app":"my_webapp"}

Trace

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/moulinette/interfaces/api.py", line 439, in process
    ret = self.actionsmap.process(arguments, timeout=30, route=_route)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/moulinette/actionsmap.py", line 527, in process
    return func(**arguments)
  File "/usr/lib/moulinette/yunohost/log.py", line 287, in func_wrapper
    result = func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/moulinette/yunohost/app.py", line 1852, in app_config_show_panel
    raise Exception("script/config show return value code: %s (considered as an error)", return_code)
Exception: ('script/config show return value code: %s (considered as an error)', 1)

Unfortunately, not really a useful log… But I don’t think we can’t find anything more.

Would you mind sharing your /etc/yunohost/apps/my_webapp/settings.yml (without the password of course), in private if you do prefer.

The config-panel read the data from this file to gives you the default values. It would help me figure out what could be a problem here.

And, is there any special characters in your password ?

@Maniack_Crudelis Here is the output for /etc/yunohost/apps/my_webapp/settings.yml

admin_mail_html: '1'
checksum__etc_nginx_conf.d_ericandmarie.fr.d_my_webapp.conf: z3uiz6zr560s3toovenhpz5tpl6hsbeb9l
checksum__etc_php_7.0_fpm_pool.d_my_webapp.conf: bhkv9gsm0aufc4jzg8cdhs3sm4bjzxqq0d
domain: domain.ltd
final_path: /var/www/my_webapp
fpm_config_dir: /etc/php/7.0/fpm
fpm_footprint: low
fpm_service: php7.0-fpm
fpm_usage: low
id: my_webapp
install_time: 1585900414
is_public: '1'
label: Webapp
overwrite_nginx: '0'
overwrite_phpfpm: '1'
password: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
path: /site
skipped_uris: /
user: webapp1
with_mysql: '0'
with_sftp: '1'

And, is there any special characters in your password ?

no special characters

I’ve spotted a syntax error, but it’s strange, I had that message appearing on each of my tests… Probably an error later on my side.

Anyway, could you upgrade again and retry ?

ok done,

• I can now access to the Custom Webapp configuration panel .
  • But I get stuck in the admin password window for Actions feature.

Ok, one step ahead.

How do you get stuck and where exactly ?

(I should really find a way to automatically test that feature… Damn, to much things to do !)

When I check this adress:

https://domain.ltd/yunohost/admin/#/apps/my_webapp/actions

I am asked for admin password and then nothing…

You have the pacman running forever, and nothing said into the log ?

Ok, looks like you have found a bug.
I updated the testing with a fix, you could retry :slight_smile: