[Official app] Matomo | Changer la version PHP vers la 7.3 - Changing to PHP 7.3

Salut à tous,

Je viens de voir que l’application Matomo renvoie des erreurs de géolocalisation assez importantes… Apparemment, lorsque je vais dans les paramètres, un message d’erreur en orange demande le passage à PHP 7.2 minimum car sinon, il peut y avoir des soucis de fonctionnement (ce qui semble être bien le cas).

Y-a-t-il possibilité de modifier le fichier de config puisque j’ai vu que sur mon instance, il y avait déjà un /etc/php/7.3 ?

Merci de vos réponses.

Hi to everybody,
I just noticed, the Matomo app is encountering some failures shown as a orange signal on the parameters panel! When I am clicking on that panel, it shows indeed a warning about the absolute needing to change the PHP version to the 7.2 one (at least!). There are also some geotracking issues, which seems to be the case…

Would it be any possibility to change the config file since I have the version 7.3 working in my services ,

Thanks for your advice!

Je viens de voir dans le fichier de config du package Yunohost [= https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/matomo_ynh/blob/master/conf/nginx.conf] la ligne suivante =

I just saw following line in the Matomo package for Yunohost [= https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/matomo_ynh/blob/master/conf/nginx.conf] =

fastcgi_pass unix:/var/run/php/php7.0-fpm-NAME.sock;

Comme je viens de voir sur le service PHP 7.3 tourne sur mon serveur, puis-je modifier en ligne de commande la ligne pour qu’elle ressemble à :

As I could see the PHP 7.3 running on my server, may I modify the following line under SSH, in order it looks like :

fastcgi_pass unix:/var/run/php/php7.3-fpm-NAME.sock;

Ou bien vais-je casser quelque chose ?
Or could I break my system?

Merci de vos réponses !
Thanks for your answers!

That not the only thing to do, this socket file need to exist in the first place. To do some, you have to move the pool file that lives in /etc/php/7.0/fpm/pool.d/matomo.conf (not sure about the exact path) to the 7.3 directory and possibly tweak settings in it. Then restart php7.3-fpm

BUT

This is not recommended to do such manipulations. Yunohost and the matomo ynh app, will still expect to find the php7.0 file, not the 7.3 files, and will explode when you try to upgrade the app or backup it …

Thanks for your answer, Aleks!

Do you think, it might be possible to update the full package in order that Matomo continues to work properly ?

Or even better: Could the Webcustom App (with FTPS) be upgraded to use the PHP 7.3 ?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

I mean, Matomo is easy to be installed also on the WebCustom App (with FTPS) app. I think, it would be great to change the PHP version to the 7.3.

We ain’t just going to rework every php app. The real fix is that we should upgrade the full base system from Debian 9 (Stretch) to Debian 10 (Buster) which ships 7.3 by default …

Do you have an idea of the release for Yunohost ?

“When it’s ready”, c.f. the thread here https://github.com/YunoHost/issues/issues/1255

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.